News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1959 Cadillac 62 Convertible coming up for sale at a no reserve farm auction

Started by johnregrus, May 29, 2019, 09:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnregrus

What do you think this car is worth?
Needs total restoration. Later this summer it's being sold No Reserve at a farm estate auction in the middle of nowhere.
There is also a 59 four-door parts car that sells separately
1958 Series 62
1956 Eldorado Biarritz

INTMD8

I've seen worse go for 20k+ so, maybe close to 30?   

Just a guess assuming it's not completely rotted away underneath.

James Landi

"Oh Lord!  Uncle Harry drove both 59's until they simply could not run any more--- parked them in the back lot, oh, I'd say 45 years ago when they simply were not worth any body else's time... left the windows open on the convertible-- heck, there's nothing that isn't rusted through on either car.  I wouldn't give you a nickel over the scrap value, but Harriet, Uncle Harry's grand daughter, thinks they're worth something... heck, who knows."   

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

The car is toast as far as I'm concerned but the fact is there are a lot less '59 Convertibles around than there are suitors.

I think this was available for around the mid $60s which would not begin to scratch the surface of what the silver car needs.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1959-Cadillac-Other-/132986507194?_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l44720&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

wrench

There does appear to be a legit half track in the back of the last pic...

Sorry for the OT observation, but between the 59 Caddies, the trail hondas, the old trucks and a half track, the dude's stuff is interesting...I mean, I assume it's a dude, but I guess it would be a pretty cool chick if it was a dudette...
1951 Series 62 Sedan
1969 Eldorado
1970 Eldorado (Triple Black w/power roof)
1958 Apache 3/4 ton 4x4
2005 F250
2014 FLHP
2014 SRX

Bobby B

Quote from: James Landi on May 30, 2019, 05:45:09 AM
"I wouldn't give you a nickel over the scrap value".......

I'll go $.06, and I'm being Generous  >:D..............
                  Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

Barry M Wheeler #2189

It appears that they parked things in year order. The 'dozer and roadgrader are from the thirties, I think. I don't know what year or brand the COE dump truck is, and of course, the half track was parked there in 1947 when Bubba found out that he couldn't legally mount the quad '50s he brought back from Germany and drive the rig on the road to shoot up the county courthouse when he got his tax bills.

I saved and saved to buy a Dinky Toys half-track back in the fifties. I always thought those rigs were cool. It was my favorite of the card board Jeep, half-track, and tank I got for Christmas one year during, or right after the War. I remember playing with it in the dining room of my Grandparent's home (now our family room). I also got a large book of cardboard planes during the war. Not as nice as the Wheaties ones, though. Can you imagine that you had to really "hunt" to find a spare penny to use as a weight so that the Wheaties planes would fly? They were still "money."

You have to wonder just what the owner had in mind when he bought all of this stuff.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

cadillacmike68

Quote from: wrench on May 30, 2019, 09:54:22 AM
There does appear to be a legit half track in the back of the last pic...

Sorry for the OT observation, but between the 59 Caddies, the trail hondas, the old trucks and a half track, the dude's stuff is interesting...I mean, I assume it's a dude, but I guess it would be a pretty cool chick if it was a dudette...

That old White M3 half track is in better shape than the '59s
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

V63

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.