News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Need help on a 1984 Biarritz

Started by yachtflame, May 31, 2019, 05:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yachtflame

I’m trying to help a friend who just bought and is thoroughly delighted with his “new” 1984 Biarritz. Everything is great and working with the exception of the windshield washer pump. I pulled it off the top of the reservoir and put 12v directly to it and I get nothing. I then tried to order one on the web but they all look different from what he has. The rest of the car is original, so I don’t think that this part has been changed. Does any one recognize this unit and can you help me find a replacement for him? I’m just not used to these young cars!

Thanks,
  Wayne Elsworth
CLC #17057
Wayne Elsworth
CLC #17075

Cadillac Fleetwood

That is not the windshield washer fluid pump. That is the "low wiper fluid" sender that operates the light on the dash to indicate a low level of fluid in the reservoir.

The washer pump mounts to the wiper motor.  There are several options on Rockauto.com, depending upon whether the car is equipped withs delay wipers or non-delay, and whether you want a pump with or without the circuit board.

-Charles Fares
Forty-Five Years of Continuous Cadillac Ownership
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 DeVille Convertible
1989 Fleetwood

"The splendor of the most special occasion is rivaled only by the pleasure of journeying there in a Cadillac"

yachtflame

Well no wonder it didn’t hum when I put power to it! 😳. I’ll pass this on to him. Thanks for the help.
Wayne
Wayne Elsworth
CLC #17075

The Tassie Devil(le)

Looks like Cadillac changed the switching operation from a magnetic one to a simple "washer across the contacts" one as the float rose.

But, your contacts and washer look like they are extremely rusted.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

yachtflame

Yeah, and now that I put 12v to one side and ground to the other, it’s gonna have to live in a land fill as I probably blew the circuit!
Wayne Elsworth
CLC #17075