News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Map light

Started by Georges63cad, June 09, 2019, 07:54:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Georges63cad

Hello to all, just wondering if anyone has removed a map light in a 63 Fleetwood Special 60 series? My map light under the dash pad decided to come on when I wasn't home. It came on all by itself and stayed on for at least 5 hours. Got back home and noticed a light on in the car. Went to switch it off and it was so hot it burned the tip of my finger. I kept playing with the switch to get the light off but the fuse blew first. I figure it was the switch that was bad so I took the cover off and bulb out. Removed two screws and pulled out this plastic piece with the bulb clips and switch all attached to it. I could get the clips out but the switch was riveted to the plastic piece.  I looked in my shop manual and I'm pretty sure it said to remove the whole piece I have to remove the top of the dash and disconnect three wires. Has anyone gone through this? Is there anything I have to watch for? Any help will sure be appreciated. Thank you.