News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1956 convertible weight

Started by Bronze, June 09, 2019, 04:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bronze

I am about to get my series 62 convertible registered in sweden, and the one piece of data i can't find is the factory spec curb weight. I would like to use an "official" number rather than having the car on a scale duringthe inspection. Reason is that as the car is not complete the number will not be correct, and it would also look nicer in the papers to have an official GM stated weight in there. So does anyone know what a 1956 series 62 convertible should weigh?
And by all means, if i could get a verification that the height is 59,6 inches (1514 mm) I would appreciate that too.
Thanks /Martin

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Martin check this website out...."Official" GM certified...I don't know...but it's a start.....

http://classiccardatabase.com/specs.php?series=5276&year=1956&model=24449

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

J. Gomez

Martin,

All of the info you may need can be found under the AMA document, you can download the complete package at the GM Heritage Center site -> https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/gm-heritage-archive/vehicle-information-kits.html

HOWEVER the vehicle weight was not included for the 1956 documentation,  :o  maybe GM changed when they started to provide the information to the dealers and the state department of motor vehicles.

You can download the 1955 package which does include the weight on the 1955 models and should give you a close ball park for the 1956 as well.   ;)

Good luck..! 
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

What is the matter with the info Mike provided?? The weight is the only info he needs.  I would say it's good for anywhere in the world except Australia. LOL! Sorry, Bruce.
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

The Tassie Devil(le)

Don't forget that the weight that the factory provides is usually the shipping weight, not the fully operational weight, which is a lot heavier.

Bruce. >:D

PS.   No need to apologise Bob.   We don't need weight for registration down here. ;)   Just money, and lots of it.
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV