News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Breaking News - Cadillacs beginning to arrive in Louisville!

Started by chrisntam, June 09, 2019, 09:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisntam

Raining on Sunday afternoon, weather should be great for the driving tour on Tuesday!

Funny thing, the one under the cover....you couldn't tell what is was when it was dry, but much like a wet T-Shirt contest, once wet, you can see it all.  Early to mid 70s DeVille, 2 door, sunroof.  That's my guess, but, I like 'em all.

:o

1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Big Fins

Covering the car was the worst thing he could do to the paint in the rain like that. If it's a Firemist color it clouds up for some reason. No matter how polished and well waxed it is. Both my Firethorn and Crystal Blue Firemist would do that with a cover. And it's a California Car Cover. No cheapie AutoZone cover.

I call it as a 75-76 Coupe'.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

Scot Minesinger

The red 1970 DVC with tan top sure looks nice, guess that the breaks worked.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

chrisntam

Quote from: Scot Minesinger on June 10, 2019, 09:00:54 AM
The red 1970 DVC with tan top sure looks nice, guess that the breaks worked.

Brakes are fine, the a/c is freezing up, not sure if it's a lack of Freon or a sticking STV valve.  Luckily, it was cooling enough that it wasn't unbearable though.  Shouldn't need it in and around Louisville, but I'm trying to find some wiper blades....

On the cover, it wasn't raining when we arrived, but rained later.  My worry about the cover is what to do with it until it dries.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Big Fins

Go to WalMart and get a bottle of RainX, until you can get the correct refills or replacement blades.

The wiper motor on my 59 gave out the day before going to Savannah many moons ago, The RainX was a life saver.

So, the covered car is also yours, Chris?
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue

Past and much missed:
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

chrisntam

Not mine.  I didn't bring my car cover, I worry what I'd do with a wet cover, would have no place to put it until it dries.  Not a fan of fungus/mold, which would happen if I put a wet cover in it's bag.

I liberally applied the rainx, but for me, it really doesn't work unless your going 40 or above.  NAPA has some refills that "should" work for now.  Got in a bit of rain coming here, the water shed quickly, like sh** through a goose.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Big Fins

Refills are near impossible to find. Everyone wants to sell you a complete arm or some ugly black plastic thing that snaps on. I'm not giving up my brushed stainless arms.
Current:

Past and much missed:
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

Chasmann

Is it possible to put in hotel dryer.Just a thought.Charlie M.
1949 SERIES62 4DR SEDAN                                      1936 SERIES 60 4DR TOURING SEDAN

Big Fins

Sure. But I wouldn't want to get caught. It has to be reasonably dry so you don't short out the dryer.  ;D
Current:

Past and much missed:
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

Jason Edge

Better weather today.  I have attached a picture I just took.
Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Exec Vice President
1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Director - https://6364cadillac.ning.com
Carolina Region Webmaster - https://cr-clc.ning.com
CLC MRC Benefactor
email - jasonedge64@outlook.com
1964 Coupe DeVille - Sierra Gold - http://bit.ly/1WnOQRX
2002 Escalade EXT - Black
2013 Escalade EXT Premium Edition - Xenon Blue
2022 XT5 Luxury Premium - Dark Moon Blue Metallic

chrisntam

Quote from: Big Fins on June 10, 2019, 10:59:00 AM
Refills are near impossible to find. Everyone wants to sell you a complete arm or some ugly black plastic thing that snaps on. I'm not giving up my brushed stainless arms.

The main NAPA store in Louisville had replacement inserts, 18" long with little clips on the end.  The inserts are now black plastic that hold the rubber portion of the actual wiper blade.  Back in the '80s & early '90s when I sold auto parts, I recall the rubber being held by two strips of metal.  My blade holders are silver aluminum, like from the factory.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

chrisntam

A few more pics.  As Jason said, a much better day and temps in the 70s! 

The guy (I failed to get his name!) with the beautiful '59 CDV said it wouldn't rain the rest of the week because he just finished cleaning his car.   ;)

Our room is on one end of the parking lot and for that reason, my vantage point is somewhat limited, so others who overlook the lot with a better vantage point, please post pictures!

1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas