News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Louisville meet & Greet and return home stories!

Started by chrisntam, June 10, 2019, 10:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisntam

The time has come for our yearly get-together!

There is one bar in the host hotel and it is somewhat small, it's right next to the (only) restaurant on the ground floor.

Any interest in getting together?  Friday? Time?  It's likely some or most have tours / activities planned that may prevent participation.  As of the time of this post, the schedules are not yet provided, so tour end times are unknown. 

Chime in on interest and day / time ideas. Generally, Friday is best as it's the end of the week and we can talk GN.  I assume the bar serves hors d'oeuvres (appetizers / light snacks served outside the context of a meal), and yes, I had to google the spelling.  So we can eat, drink and talk Cadillac all at the same time.

Your thoughts?

1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Scot Minesinger

Yes I'm interested in a before dinner meet at the bar on Friday, let me know what time.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Bill Hedge CLC 14424

Friday tours 9:00 to 4:00 p.m.  dinner cruise 5:00 to 10:00

Bob Schuman

I will be there on Friday afternoon and all day Saturday, no tours scheduled, would like to meet some of the Forum guys.
Bob Schuman
Bob Schuman, CLC#254
2017 CT6-unsatisfactory (repurchased by GM)
2023 XT5

Caddy Wizard

I will be arriving mid-afternoon on Thursday.  No tours scheduled.  Leave early Sunday morning.  Will be on the show field with my survivor 55 FW on Saturday.
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Sorry I’m going to miss this one. See y’all in K. Next year.
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

Jim Miller

I made a deal with my wife - we'd drive to her sibling reunion if we could stop in Louisville. Coming in Friday afternoon ( was able to get a room) and leaving after lunch on Saturday. I want to see the show field and meet folks on Saturday. Hopefully I can also meet some of you Friday evening. I'm new (2 years) in the club and emailed many members and visited with Bob Schuman.
Jim Miller

1941 6219
1949 6237X
1970 CDV
2021 XT6
Past:
1991 SDV
1999 DeElegence
2006 DTS
2013 XTS
2016 SRX

Caddyholic

I am coming in wed night and leaving sunday. Friday evening sounds good.
I got myself a Cadillac but I can't afford the gasoline (AC/DC Down Payment Blues)

1961 Series 62 Convertible Coupe http://bit.ly/1RCYsVZ
1962 Coupe Deville

chrisntam

1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

chrisntam

The bar's happy hour is 4 to 6.  What about 5:30 to 8 or later and come and go as needed?

We'll have to figure out where in the bar to meet, maybe someone can where wear a special hat that's easy to spot or something...

I can't really say we'll meet in this or that area because I won't know if the tables are taken by others before we get there.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

harry s

I'm leaving shortly from VA and should make it in time for the welcome reception. I'll have an outdoor vendor space Thur thru Sat with mostly 40s parts.      Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

Jay Friedman

I'm at the GN.  Let me know when and where the meeting will be.
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

quadfins

Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4

Jim Miller

Chris mentioned 5:30 in the bar. For those not committed to an outing, meet and visit before dinner.
Jim Miller

1941 6219
1949 6237X
1970 CDV
2021 XT6
Past:
1991 SDV
1999 DeElegence
2006 DTS
2013 XTS
2016 SRX

chrisntam

Let's (me) start @ 5:30 on Friday, I'll be there then (or a bit earlier) to take advantage of happy hour, because my car averaged 12.2 miles per gallon for the 835 mile drive to Louisville.    :-\

I'll find a table and try to wrangle some chairs for later attendees.  If someone gets there earlier, I'll join you!   I will likely not stay to the end though, maybe a couple of hours?

I'll be wearing a maroon t-shirt with a somewhat small CLC logo on it (these are the official shirts for the 2019 Louisville GN) along with an olive green ball cap with the Cadillac script on it.

Hope to see you there!
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Guys,
I sure wish I was there. Maybe I could get Chris to buy me a well deserved drink. LOL
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

chrisntam

I'd gladly purchase an adult beverage (or 3) to get you to loosen up to tell us what you really think (though you do pretty well without)!!!

The entertainment would be well worth the price of admission!

;)
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Caddyholic

I got myself a Cadillac but I can't afford the gasoline (AC/DC Down Payment Blues)

1961 Series 62 Convertible Coupe http://bit.ly/1RCYsVZ
1962 Coupe Deville

Scot Minesinger

It was fun meeting everyone and putting the face with the posts.  We should make it an annual event.

Scot Minesinger

Update on return drive home - it was very quick.  While the drive there was great in terms of the performance of the car, the rain, strong cross winds, and traffic made for a 10 hour drive traveling 609 miles.  The drive home was better because the 1970 DVC performed flawlessly including climbing the steepest longest grades with powerful authority (and engine temp never went up more than 3'F during long climbs), but the weather and traffic was super nice.  Top was down after the first stop for gas (about 400 miles of top down driving) and we made it home in 8.75 hours, which is almost 70 mph average (this includes both stops for gas), drove 75-80 mph much of the time.  Driving time was probably 8.5 hours.  1,218 miles round trip, no issues.  Got a little sun burned, and I'm good.

It was great getting to know everyone and will bring the GF to the next Friday at 5pm HH for forum posters.  Looking forward to next 2020 GN at Kansas City, MO.