News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

dashboard

Started by spolij, June 15, 2019, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spolij

I need a dashboard for a 1966 Deville convertible. Not the part that has the gauges and control units but the top piece with the speakers are mounted and the vents for the defrost are .

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

John,
I've got a "core" if that is what you are looking for. Has a couple of cracks and needs re-doing.
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

Scot Minesinger

Core is best way.  Then you send it out to be redone meanwhile your car is drive able.  The restoration results in a better than factory in my opinion, plus no color match issues.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Chuck Swanson

I don't buy much from them but I bought this,  https://www.opgi.com/eldorado/1966/interior-accessories/dash-accessories/CE15714/  and I must say their dash repro is beautiful, and 1/2 the price of getting a core and then sending the core to the famous dash place.   This is your best bet (if red, blue, black), or if a driver, good used with no cracks.  If not that color, then maybe redo a core.

Chuck
CLC Lifetime
AACA Lifetime
Like 65-66 Club: www.facebook.com/6566Cadillac
66 DeVille Convertible-CLC Sr Wreath, (AACA 1st Jr 2021, Senior 2022, 1st GN 2022 Sr GN 2023), Audrain Concours '22 3rd in Class.
66 Sedan DeVille hdtp
66 Calais pillar sedan
66 Series 75 9-pass limo
65 Eldorado (vert w/bucket seats)
65 Fleetwood
07 DTS w/ Performance pkg.
67 Chevy II Nova (AACA Sr GN 2018)
69 Dodge Coronet R/T

spolij

Greg a couple of cracks in the leather or the plastic shell?
If it's the shell is it easily fixable?
Message me with a price.

rajeevx7

Are the cracked edges stiffly spiking up? Put quality 3M tape over each crack, lengthwise. Buy upholstry vinyl with felt backing. Remove the metal bits from the dash pad, cover it and staple it from the backside. The little 2” section that meets the door card trim is the tough part. A few staples there pained the same material color and you have a great looking dash for >$30.

Take your time and it WILL look better than mine! 8)

(Forum being a twat, won’t let pics upload...use your imagination)

spolij

Chuck that is way more than i want to spend. But thanks.

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

This is my original 66 dash. Now an excellent core
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

spolij

Greg  This core is no good for me. Mine has speakers on left and right side. Thanks anyway.
John

spolij

rajeevx7
I don't understand about the stapling. under the rigid plastic cover is metal and also the back is metal.
I can fix the cracks and I'll be covering the core with foam padding and leather.

rajeevx7

It’s stapled into the old material. The old material does not delaminate at the perimeter, it always cracks through the center.

Let’s see if the forum allows a picture from me......Nope :-\

spolij

Chuck When you say core, is that the unit with the foam and leather or vinyl on it, or without it?