News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Vaccume on 1957 Cadillacs

Started by Bob Pawluk, June 22, 2019, 08:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Pawluk

Where’s the connection to the internal vaccum pump?

J. Gomez

Quote from: Bob Pawluk on June 22, 2019, 08:04:49 PM
Where’s the connection to the internal vaccum pump?

Bob,

Connection outlet from the vacuum pump should be on the right rear side of the block just above the oil pan and cover by the starter, the pipe from it would be route on the rear around the bell housing close to the firewall.

HTH
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

Bob Pawluk

Do you have any pictures of that?

J. Gomez

Quote from: Bob Pawluk on June 22, 2019, 08:39:55 PM
Do you have any pictures of that?

Bob,

I do not have one handy you can do a search and find a few topics related to yours, here is one there could be other as well -> http://forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org/index.php?topic=136020.msg302358#msg302358

Good luck..!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

Lexi

I don't know if the vacuum line and check valve are the same on the '56, but here is one that I worked on for my 1956 Cadillac 365 engine. The brass valve assembly screws into the block. The painted blue tube points up in the direction of the hood. Think on my car it winds up being bolted onto the rear of the passenger side head, (held in place by the pictured bracket by a bolt). Look for it on the side of the block near the starter. The other shot is a close up of the exploded check valves components, prior to assembly. Clay/Lexi

Bob Pawluk