All Cads

Author Topic: 73 eldo interchangeable years  (Read 372 times)

Offline kkkaiser

• Name: Kaiser
73 eldo interchangeable years
« on: June 28, 2019, 06:04:07 PM »
HI again,
i found a guy with tree or four eldos from the 70s,, a couple 76s and a 74, and also a 73 tornado. He has a huge car yard and doest advertise,,

i have a 73 eldo convertible.

i need seat motors...maybe a window motor, ( are front window and back window motors the same??)

he has some interior trims that look like they fit, and a few other small items, but if i could get a seat motor, and they would fit, it would be great...

so what is interchangeable with the eldorado?  year. models, anything like a tornado or riveriera or other model that has similar moving parts that would work,,is there a manual or guide somewhere that can guide me..?

Sincerely

Kim

Offline TJ Hopland

Re: 73 eldo interchangeable years
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 06:21:33 PM »
There is a lot that interchanges especially if you are just building a driver vs a show car.   I believe things like the door panels will bolt on throughout all those years.  They don't look the same but fit.  Lots of stuff like that.   

Window motors there is a left and right.  Front and rear are the same except I think the sides are flipped if I recall correctly so front left or rear right.

Seat motors I can't remember if there is a difference depending on the seat like bench vs split or if its just the drive cables.
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Offline hornetball

• CLC Number: 32697
  • Name: R. Price
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 07:10:41 PM »
There are others looking for parts if the person you reference doesn't mind you advertising for him.

Offline kkkaiser

• Name: Kaiser
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 08:30:41 PM »
i asked him if he was on internet, and he said no, been there for years,  I will certainly ask him,,  i was dumbfounded when i saw how many cars he had,  when you drive by, you see a couple of old pick ups,  it s on the interstate in livingston montana.  when i approached him, all the cars where in a draw, hidden from sight from the interstate. 

i will ask him when i go next week,  see what he says,, 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13