News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

I bid on a couple of Project Cadillacs

Started by BJM, July 05, 2019, 11:16:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BJM

https://www.proxibid.com/Collector-Cars/Classic-Vintage-Cars/1973-Cadillac-Deville-4dr-HT/lotInformation/48837151#topoflot

Bid on this SdV. Now I see they pulled it out with a hook and mangled the front bumper. 

https://www.proxibid.com/Collector-Cars/Classic-Vintage-Cars/1965-Cadillac-Eldorado-Convertible-E51249554/lotInformation/48890348#topoflot

Bid a bit on this 65 Eldorado.  I'm not a huge 65-68 fan, but my wife and I revisited "Mad Men" over the winter and I like Don Draper's 65 or 66 CdV.   There is a unique elegance to them.  Not a fan of that 65 Eldorado rear taillamp treatment, I am used to more integration. 

These cars are garnering some on-line interest and I suspect I'll be bypassed on the Eldorado.  Even without interior photos, I suspect this one goes for $5000 +.   Care to guess?

chrisntam

Have you looked at them?  Or is your bid amount based on pics provided?
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Mike Baillargeon #15848

"Now I see they pulled it out with a hook and mangled the front bumper."

I don't want to get dirty so I'll hook the bumper instead of going underneath to the A arm.......Oh shoot I forgot to take it out of park.....Ugh!

Doesn't anybody give a crap anymore?

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

BJM

Quote from: chrisntam on July 05, 2019, 08:05:50 PM
Have you looked at them?  Or is your bid amount based on pics provided?

Bid sight unseen.  Low amounts.  A couple of other cars I bid on have already been passed.