News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

66 Elderado convertible top wireing

Started by CadillacJacques, July 14, 2019, 05:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CadillacJacques

looking for a wire diagram for the convertible top on my 66 Eldorado and my 66 deville probably the same wires  just need to see if the tops work I just got the cars a few weeks ago and they are both restoration projects. if the 67 is the same I have a 67 book at my dads house

fishnjim

You can jump the top switch(if wired) or the pump lead with a 12V source(probably have to take back seat out).  Ground (-) to car, if separate power source.   
Switch would have two clips to pop out, or take panel off and the leads will have connectors.
Shouldn't be much difference year to year in wiring in this period.
I'd check to make sure there's fluid in the system first.   It should have clear plastic lines to pistons.

CadillacJacques

Sorry for the slow reply I've been using my phone and it was giving me fits to log in. Thank you much for the information. I jumped the motor of the Eldorado at the plug by the motor. And looks like. I need to go through the motor and give it a good cleaning. I will have to try the deville this weekend. Thanks again.