News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Downloadable FSM?? Also, a welcome...

Started by lt1yj, July 18, 2019, 06:02:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lt1yj

Thanks for having me.  I am a new owner of a '73 Eldorado and have been planning out some of the improvements I'm going to be making.  As with any vehicle, I enjoy coming to the forums and learning from others' experience and helping where I can.

First of all, I am looking to see if there is a downloadable shop manual?  I have a physical copy, but would like an electronic version so I can review while at work.

Looking forward to sharing my project with you all as soon as I get cruising.  It is currently road-worthy so I'm not planning to rip and tear until I have it all planned out.
J. Gray

1973 Eldorado  2007 DTS
2020 F350  2014 GT4  1994 Wrangler  2014 Tundra  2016 4-Runner  2004 Bug

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day John,

There are CD versions of the FSM on eBay, so it should be easy to buy one, and then transfer it to your device..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CADILLAC-1973-Shop-Body-Manual-CD-73-CD-ROM/290770643869?hash=item43b347eb9d:g:eZoAAOSwFO5aU5kD

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

chrisntam

Welcome John!!

In order to pass the new member test, you have to post pics of your car!!  We love pics!!

You've arrived at the right place to get that car up and running.  Be sure to join the local Cadillac club as well as the National CLC.  Perhaps we'll see you in Kansas City in 2020 for the national get together?  Would love for you and the car to join the driving tour!

Also consider obtaining copies of the "Cadillac Serviceman" monthly (available on eBay), that was printed by Cadillac as monthly "addendums" to the service manual.  It is fascinating reading!  They "present" the new model car September or October of the prior year (72) and discuss repair updates for the succeeding 12 months.

When you have time, post those pics!!

Welcome!!

And be sure the boss doesn't see you reading the FSM at work, that may be troublesome, unless you're the boss!!

8)
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

MaR

I second the Serviceman monthly addendums. There is some really handy info in those things.

lt1yj

I'll load up some pics soon for sure...

Thanks
J. Gray

1973 Eldorado  2007 DTS
2020 F350  2014 GT4  1994 Wrangler  2014 Tundra  2016 4-Runner  2004 Bug

Antoni L Deighton

The trouble with the CD versions of the FSM is that some of us have computers that no longer use CD-ROM drives!
Antoni Deighton
----
1967 Eldorado
1978 Fleetwood Brougham
1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT
1965 Land Rover Series 2A

TJ Hopland

Quote from: Antoni L Deighton on July 19, 2019, 11:29:34 AM
The trouble with the CD versions of the FSM is that some of us have computers that no longer use CD-ROM drives!

That is a good point.  Seems like they would be better off distributing them on a USB or a download. 
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Glen

I transferred all the manuals on CD to the hard drive on my laptop.  But I still need to have CD player, so I bought a USB CD/DVD player/burner.  Cost me a whole 25 bucks plus shipping. 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104