News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Removing sunvisor of 79 Deville Phaeton question

Started by guyrobert, July 19, 2019, 04:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyrobert

I am having the sun visor's redone on my 79 Phaeton and the passenger side has the lighted vanity mirror. Is the electrical connector in the A pillar or is it in the headliner. Any tricks needed to re and re it?
Thanks in advance
Robert
1979 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance
1979 Coupe De Ville Phaeton
1957 Eldorado Biarritz
Robert Simpson

GBrown #8092

Its been a while, but the power plug should be accessible without taking anything else apart. In my experience, the power wire will bring the plug with it when you take the visor off, and come far enough out, so you can easily unplug it.   You may need an extra set of hands.

Glenn

Big Fins

Reading MaR's restoration thread this morning, he stated that the visor used a sort of RCA plug. I'm wondering if they continued with this style into the later years. Worth a look-see.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

guyrobert

Quote from: GBrown #8092 on July 21, 2019, 03:12:57 PM
Its been a while, but the power plug should be accessible without taking anything else apart. In my experience, the power wire will bring the plug with it when you take the visor off, and come far enough out, so you can easily unplug it.   You may need an extra set of hands.

Glenn
Working on it right now, started taking off the A pillar to see if the connector is in there like it is in my 75 Lesabre but I am having a hell of a time getting it off! There must be some kind of trick to that. last thing I want to do is crack the 40 year old plastic, Will drop the visor now and see if the plug is accessible from there Thanks for the help....
1957 Eldorado Biarritz
Robert Simpson

guyrobert

Ok it's not in the A-pillar, when you pull the visor it is attached to the cored and pulls out easily, will probably put some double sided tape on the insatll to stop the connector from flopping around.
1957 Eldorado Biarritz
Robert Simpson