News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

I fell in love again yesterday.

Started by Jeepers Creepers, July 23, 2019, 03:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeepers Creepers

Our 64 Fleetwood, had been delegated to the back of the shed for the past 7 weeks. (I usually drive it every few days)

Anyway, while I've been rebuilding a 1961 Austin, the poor ol Fleetwood has been covered in blankets and drop sheets.
Yesterday, she came out for a bubble bath.... something I've been trying to get to for weeks.

Decided to go for a nice 30 mile drive once she was all clean again.
I feel in love all over again with this car...... love it.
Kevin and Astrid Campbell
Australia

Dan LeBlanc

I know what you mean.  After a winter full of sorting out bugs on the 77 Fleetwood, I had enough.  Had listed it for sale.  Then drove it on a 1500 mile round trip 2 weeks ago and now I can't sell it.  Especially since the last 2 bugs got worked out of it while I was in Hershey, Pennsylvania.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

STS05lg

Kevin, glad you got her out for a spin but the grass is green and the leaves are on the trees. Bruce told me there was "snow" down to 300 meters. Is it not winter there?

STS05lg

Dan, glad you got all the "bugs" worked out, made the trip to Hershey worth the drive. That is a great car and in the future if you deside to sell you will not have any trouble finding a buyer.  Now enjoy the remaining of the summer as I know you will be buried in snow before you know it.  ;)  ;)

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: STS05lg on July 23, 2019, 03:42:13 PM
Kevin, glad you got her out for a spin but the grass is green and the leaves are on the trees. Bruce told me there was "snow" down to 300 meters. Is it not winter there?

I'm a lot further north than Bruce.
Middle of winter, running around in shorts and t-shirt here.

This will be the first winter here in over 80 years where its fell on a Tuesday.  ;D
Australia

The Tassie Devil(le)

Took my '72 out for a run yesterday as the sun was out, and it was a balmy 17 C, and the car hadn't been out for many months, and the top was still down since last Summer.   Still a bit of snow on the mountain.

Ran beautifully, as always, and it needed the run to get the oils and water circulated and up to temperature, as well as cycling the AC.

Decided to call into my upholsterer on the way home, and lo and behold, he gave me a good price for reupholstering the seats, so it will get done in time for Mudgee.

Will be nice to get back to the 40/60 front seat instead of the full bench that I have in it now. (out of a '71 that I stripped, and put it in back in 2013 when I was going to have the original seats done, but I got crook, so everything stopped.   Now for the restart)

When I got home, (Put the top up for the last 15 miles so the creases would start to flatten out in the Sun, whilst it was still out) I had a look in the engine bay, and decided that the Charcoal Canister had to go, as it wasn't needed, and that a Klaxon would nicely fit in the spot.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

64\/54Cadillacking

I know the feeling 8)

Every time I cruise in my 64 SDV it still surprises and impresses me with its sheer size, quality, comfort and cool styling.

One thing I believe what makes these cars so special (63-64) is the fact that they were  the last Cadillacs of the fins, and that still carried over a lot of 50’s Cadillac traits mainly being a severely toned down version of 59-60 models.

Last of the X-frame and upper rear ball joint control arm that made these particular year Caddy’s feel more floaty on the road and cloud like.

Last and not least, there youthful styling. There’s just something so cool and attractive about these years that make them resonate among the majority of classic car enthusiasts. Including the space age 61-62 Cads.
Currently Rides:
1964 Sedan Deville
1954 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special
1979 Lincoln Mark V Cartier Designer Series
2007 Lexus LS 460L (extended wheelbase edition)

Previous Rides:
1987 Brougham D' Elegance
1994 Fleetwood Bro
1972 Sedan Deville
1968 Coupe Deville
1961 Lincoln Continental
1993 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
1978 Lincoln Continental ( R.I.P.) 1978-2024 😞

Glaswegian

I'm still waiting to drive mine, very jealous  :'(

Jeepers Creepers

A 1964 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special.....

For those special moments, "when only the best will do"
Australia