News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1934 LaSalle clutch & brake pedal extentsions ??

Started by Mike Baillargeon #15848, July 25, 2019, 05:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Take a look at these pictures of my brake & clutch pedals in the LaSalle.....

The extensions that bring the pedals closer to the seat.....did these come with the car or were they an aftermarket item for folks with shorter legs??

I took off some really worn out Cadillac rubber pads from the pedals....

Thanks for any info.....

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

The Tassie Devil(le)

Looks like they were made for someone with short legs, but I see that the Gas Pedal hasn't been extended.

Bruce. >:D

PS.   They do appear to be well made though.
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

DaveZ

They look wrong to me. If you look at the actual pedal it it not the right size or shape. Whatever extension they put on is the correct size and shape for the pad. Maybe someone lost / changed the pedals and used what they found, but were not the correct height so they welded on extensions?
Regards,
David Zitzmann
1932 345B

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Thanks guys for your thoughts...

Sometimes I wished these cars could talk so I could ask why did the owner do this or that.....

Shorter legs would seem to require the seat to be moved forward...Like Bruce said the gas pedal looks stock and is unmodified....

I haven't had the car out for a ride yet but, the pedals appear to move the clutch and the brakes properly....

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon