News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Need Help identifying Correct Valve Cover Grommet - 1968

Started by Bentley, July 27, 2019, 07:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bentley

I'm trying to buy a grommet for the breather cap on the driver's side valve cover (not the PCV valve grommet). The factory shop manual calls it a "Crankcase Ventilating Breather".

Summit Racing has this one, but they call it the "PCV" valve cover grommet:
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/smp-gv10?rrec=true

Rock Auto has this one that looks like the part I need. Again, they call it a "PCV" grommet:
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1056549&cc=1025356&jsn=1042

Does anyone know if either of these are the correct grommet? Thanks in advance.
Wes Bentley
CLC # 30183

Roger Zimmermann

Not sure is that can help: the parts book says for 68-75, all: Grommet, to air cleaner and rocker arm cover: 2 each vehicle.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Big Fins

Both appear to look the same in the pictures. The real PCV grommet has a sleeve that holds the PCV valve in a horizontal position.

The grommet that you are looking for holds the crankcase ventilator that goes from the air cleaner housing to the drivers side valve cover. Am I correct? If so, this one that you have in the links should work properly for you.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille