News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

2009 CTS B0248 Code versus 1957 Caddy Heat controller

Started by Bill Balkie 24172, August 01, 2019, 05:57:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Balkie 24172

Hello To All ,     
   Just thought i would share this with you ( check out the Video)  , The Air Conditioner on my 2009 Cadillac CTS works fine . However the Air will no longer blow out of the center two vents on the Dash . instead the air blows cold out of the bottom vent onto the floor. Also this effects the windshiels defroster . Returned it to the Cadillac dealer in town and they diagnosed the problem as B048 code . The actuator was stuck . That  cost me 178.58 for them to tell me this was the problem . To fix this problem the entire dash has to be removed along with the steering wheel , center console and both front seats .The cost  2,299.99  Could not stop thinking of my 1957 Cadillac in the Gararge . It has a slide control with a wire and coble to control the same  thing .  I could fix  the same problem in my 57  for about 29.00 .

https://api.mykaarma.com/inspection/v1/walkaround.html?fileType=image_and_video&inspection_uuid=5d3efdc23077170001007df6

Just had to Vent ,
            Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS