News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Carpet attached to B pillar

Started by Tandymo, August 01, 2019, 10:31:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tandymo

Hello folks. 1958 cadillac sixty special here. The carpet is sewn into the upholstery covering the B pillar. How does this work when ordering a carpet kit. Am I to have it sewn back in?  Any pictures of an install would be greatly appreciated. T morrison

Jeff Wilk

You need to order extra yardage and add to the finished job unless the original is good enough to leave on and even re-dye it. I was able to re-dye mine on two jobs with no problem
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

Big Fins

If you do remove that little section of carpet, make sure that you have access to a commercial sewing machine, a heat gun for molding the section to the 'B' pillar and make sure that you leave plenty of extra to go under the regular floor carpeting. Plus you will need to tailor the floor carpeting to fit around the 'B' pillar.

They may call it molded carpet, but many times it's anything but.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

Tandymo

Okay that answers my question. Thank y’all