News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Vacuum manifold for 1967-1970 Cars

Started by cadillacmike68, August 08, 2019, 06:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadillacmike68

Anyone have a source for the small plastic 4 or 5 way vacuum manifold that bolts up on the firewall under the power servo?

I just noticed that the small 1/8 connector is broken off on mine, and that was the cause of a host of issues.

I was dreading the day when that thing broke.  :-[

Attached is a pic. The small tip broke off on mine. I'm sure its the same for 67-70 and probably back to 64 or 65 and possibly up to 73 or 74.

Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Cadillac Fleetwood

Yes, Mike, I do.
I saw it on the shelf in the garage when I left for work this morning. PM sent.

-Charles Fares
Forty-Five Years of Continuous Cadillac Ownership
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 DeVille Convertible
1989 Fleetwood

"The splendor of the most special occasion is rivaled only by the pleasure of journeying there in a Cadillac"

cadillacmike68

PM'd and emailed you Charles.

"No reasonable offer will be refused"   :)
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

cadillacmike68

Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

I know what a manifold is/does of course. However I have always wondered about this one. Is that a little checkvalve on the top of that guy?
Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

76eldo

Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

klinebau

Quote from: Jeff Rose                                         CLC #28373 on August 13, 2019, 10:27:39 AM
I know what a manifold is/does of course. However I have always wondered about this one. Is that a little checkvalve on the top of that guy?
Jeff

The FSM indicates that it is a check valve, however I was not able to successfully test this on mine.  I was either incorrectly testing it or mine is broken.  It doesn't seem to affect the operation of anything on my car so I am not going to worry about it.  The prices people are asking for this part on eBay are outrageous.
1970 Cadillac Deville Convertible
Detroit, MI

George D. Mukalian CLC # 10047

Charles, do you have another vacuum manifold pictured?
It's for my 1969 Cadillac Deville.

Thanks,

George
George D. Mukalian
CLC #10047

cadillacmike68

Actually 1968 is a 5 way, but since I don't have power locks or trunk, the 5th one isn't needed.

That small connector on top - it feeds port # 1 on the dash control. Without that there is NO function on the climate control.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Jim Miller

I happen to read this post and for whatever it’s worth here is a photo of a manifold that’s made for small line irrigation. Comes with 4 or 6 ports. Can’t answer about a check valve but put a brass plug in the bottom and you have a multi port manifold for small rubber lines.
Jim Miller

1941 6219
1949 6237X
1970 CDV
2021 XT6
Past:
1991 SDV
1999 DeElegence
2006 DTS
2013 XTS
2016 SRX

cadillacmike68

Quote from: Jim Miller on August 14, 2019, 10:02:49 PM
I happen to read this post and for whatever it’s worth here is a photo of a manifold that’s made for small line irrigation. Comes with 4 or 6 ports. Can’t answer about a check valve but put a brass plug in the bottom and you have a multi port manifold for small rubber lines.

That would work, and so should this, a 4 or 5 way splitter, although with either you would have to adapt up or down to the vacuum lines in the cars. The modern nylon construction should make it quite durable.

As far as a check valve, I blew through the thing in both directions and there appears to be free flow (limited by fitting size) through all ports in both directions.

Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike