News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Gillette Stadium show tonight, they stopped counting at 1,100 cars....

Started by Cape Cod Fleetwood, August 15, 2019, 11:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Just nuts, this was insane, awesome!
On the way out I asked a member of club how many cars are here,
he said "we stopped counting at 1,100..."  3 full parking lots at a football
stadium. Nuts. What a blast.

Since they had numerous food vendors and several had burgers, I guess this
does count as a "drive in at a burger joint".

4 more shows then back into the shop for the winter.

\m/
Laurie

There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Hey Laurie! 

The ARK looks like he's really in PRIME condition.  Glad you had
a great time.  All of your hard work really shows!!

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

chrisntam

Thanks for posting the pics!!

Sounds like the Ark has become dependable?  No more posts of breakdowns or troubles!

I hope that's the case, I just love when the car turns that (dependable) corner!!

Chris.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Lexi

Jason Edge

Sounds like a great turnout! Were there many Cadillacs there? Any 63's or 64's?  The biggest show around here is the Charlotte Auto Fair at the Charlotte Speedway but haven't been in probably 15 years.  Maybe it has changed but back then, in the sea of Camaro's and Mustangs, there was just a sprinkling of Cadillacs ... and as much as I loved Camaro's at 18, I now get burned out after seen that many.
Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Exec Vice President
1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Director - https://6364cadillac.ning.com
Carolina Region Webmaster - https://cr-clc.ning.com
CLC MRC Benefactor
email - jasonedge64@outlook.com
1964 Coupe DeVille - Sierra Gold - http://bit.ly/1WnOQRX
2002 Escalade EXT - Black
2013 Escalade EXT Premium Edition - Xenon Blue
2022 XT5 Luxury Premium - Dark Moon Blue Metallic

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Awww thanks guys, it was such a cool event. Their FB page now estimates 1500 cars
showed up. This show is always good for 600 cars during the summer, yesterday was nuts.
I saw several Caddy's coming in, I was parked beside 1 of the 2 'show car' entrances, wish I had
been able to walk the whole show and get pics of them. Some were 'stock', others modded.

Chris the Ark only stranded me once, and that was coming home from Gillette last year. The
alternator died, then the battery, then the car, 7 miles from home. So it was really cool to exercise
the Gillette demon yesterday. The Ark has been reliable since Michael took over as crew
chief, he's done a lot of work on the car. Gas mileage yesterday was phenomenal, last year he gulped
a half tank of fuel one way (78 miles). Yesterday barely 3/4 tank round trip. And I do as Michael says -
"DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT".

Event Sunday with my club, they do a few of these each year. We show up at retirement villages for an hour
or so, the residents love the old cars and bake us cookies! Next Saturday is "Blast From The Past" show in
Dennis, 400 cars registered. Finally making a Herb Chambers Coffee and Cars event on the 15th of September in Hingham at his Lexus dealership. THEY started messaging me last year on FB to attend one, it just never worked
out last year schedule/weather wise. Maybe Herb likes the car? LAST show this year is the Falmouth "Dream Cruise Car Show", 300 cars on the 21st. And that's it, back into the shop. 17 shows this year and only 1 burger joint.  ;)

\m/
Laurie

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Big Fins

Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

35-709

;D  Up North folks put their cars away because of the winter weather, down here we put them away because of the Love Bugs.  Get ready, Fins. 
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: StevenTuck on August 16, 2019, 10:39:49 AM
Here in Florida, shows are pretty much none existent July and August due to the heat. Then September the love bugs hit us again. October the shows go into full swing through the winter and spring.

Wow, good intel for this future Florida resident. Assuming the shops get really busy in July/August since the cars
come off the road because of heat?

The Ark AC needs work/parts. I'm "assuming" waiting until I get to FL will offer me more choices, more competition
between shops for a better price than up here?

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

chrisntam

Quote from: Cape Cod Fleetwood on August 17, 2019, 03:15:03 AM
Wow, good intel for this future Florida resident. Assuming the shops get really busy in July/August since the cars
come off the road because of heat?

The Ark AC needs work/parts. I'm "assuming" waiting until I get to FL will offer me more choices, more competition
between shops for a better price than up here?

Looks like you'll be getting the a/c working at some point, given the southerly direction that you are headed to.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

35-709

"Wow, good intel for this future Florida resident. Assuming the shops get really busy in July/August since the cars come off the road because of heat?"

Actually things can get pretty slow in the summer because all of the Yankees (snowbirds) have gone to their northern homes and lots of business owners also take their vacations then.  Cars get put in summer storage.  It's not only the heat in the summer here, it is also the rainy season with lots of thunderstorms.

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: 35-709 on August 17, 2019, 09:35:19 AM
"Wow, good intel for this future Florida resident. Assuming the shops get really busy in July/August since the cars come off the road because of heat?"

Actually things can get pretty slow in the summer because all of the Yankees (snowbirds) have gone to their northern homes and lots of business owners also take their vacations then.  Cars get put in summer storage.  It's not only the heat in the summer here, it is also the rainy season with lots of thunderstorms.

Polar opposite economy of what we have here. But I'm still confident I can sell that Ariens 1127 and not need it there.  ;)
If anyone can recommend an AC shop close to the middle of the left side that deals with elderly cars, I'm all ears.
There's a major AC shop here, right next to my resto shop, but they're hideously expensive since they're the only
game in town.

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

35-709

I am sure someone in the Sun Coast CLC chapter based on the left coast can recommend someone.  I have a good guy here in Vero Beach pretty much directly east of Tampa.

35-709

However, we have had a LOT of rain this summer ---

Big Fins

I think it's rained every day for the last couple of weeks and not just showers, toad stranglers.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

Highwayman68

Classic Auto Air is located in Tampa, they rebuild most of the AC parts, I used them. There are several shops around here that will be able to address the AC system in your car. I found a local repair shop in Clearwater that has a few older mechanics that are thrilled to see me now bringing my 68 to them. They did a great job getting my AC system running again after I installed the new hoses and dryer Classic Auto Air remade for me.
1968 Fleetwood Purchased in 1981

Cape Cod Fleetwood

"toad stranglers", PMSL!

All great intel on AC shops my friends, I feel better about waiting until we get there now.
And I know it will be a big job, plumbing and electrical parts are missing.
Again, I don't know if my compressor is R12 or 134, and I've read enough 'debate' on the subject
here and on other forums to know it doesn't make a difference one way or the other. If the compressor
is working, I'd go with what ever its designed for I guess.

Rain doesn't have to be shoveled, its all good as long as your property isn't sink hole prone.

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

cadillacmike68

Quote from: Cape Cod Fleetwood on August 17, 2019, 11:57:58 AM
Polar opposite economy of what we have here. But I'm still confident I can sell that Ariens 1127 and not need it there.  ;)
If anyone can recommend an AC shop close to the middle of the left side that deals with elderly cars, I'm all ears.
There's a major AC shop here, right next to my resto shop, but they're hideously expensive since they're the only
game in town.

I know of a place Laurie. I'll write you.

Classic Auto Air can refit parts and they also sell the parts, but they don't work on the cars. I also know of a 1969 that can possibly be scavenged for climate control parts.

The Ark is looking Very nice .  ;)

Mark, did your car get 8 years older? (you have 60 in a post).

Rain - tell me about it. unbelievable, trapped my Fleetwood for over a week.   >:(

see this: http://forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org/index.php?topic=156882.0

Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

chrisntam

Be happy with the rain.  I'm in Dallas and we've gotten maybe 1/2" over the last 6 weeks along with highs around 100.  I'm just trying to keep the grass alive. 

When we moved to Texas in '67, my dad joked, "It never rains in Texas".  And no, I didn't look over the Cadillac sales lots going oooh aaah, nor did I think about going to the parts department and buying up the place as I was only 7.

Working on the car these days results in a wet shirt in about 10 minutes and I'm in the shade.

:(
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

cadillacmike68

Sorry Chris,

We are NOT happy with the rain here. Downtown Tampa and many low lying areas are continually flooded. While my street will just about never flood - yeah it's possible, Noah will tell me when -  the yards just won't drain...
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike