News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Modestly priced Cadillac leather upholstery

Started by GBrown #8092, August 16, 2019, 12:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GBrown #8092

In the course of my travels, I was advised of a company that sells leather upholstery for Cadillacs ( and other makes). In looking at their site, it appears that they even come in the correct patterns.

https://www.lseat.com/search.php?search_query=cadillac&Search=

I'd never heard of them before. Did I stumble on something new, or am I late to the party?

Has anyone actually used them?

Glenn

Lexi

News to me. I may be late to the party as well. This place looks like it is worth investigating. Has anyone used their product and service before, especially for custom orders? Clay/Lexi

35-709

That looks like it could be a real find.  Their area code puts them in N. Eastern Massachusetts.  I bookmarked their link for future reference.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

60eldo

I need seat covers for my 60 eldo, but this sounds too good to be true, I tryed calling,,,, NA
Jon. Klu

Abe Lugo

always look for reviews on a company.
search "lseatcom reviews" on google and face the news, some people will just try it out.

Also note that these are covers not replacement upholstery.  The final look will be only as good as how they were cut and how you make them fit over your old upholstery.

Abe Lugo  CLC#31763  Sunny Los Angeles,CA @abelugo IG

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

chrisntam

Remember, no negative comments.....   ::)

No covers for a '70, but leather front seat covers for a '69 for $299?

If it's too good to be true, it prolly is.

And no physical address listed?

:o
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

chrisntam

Quote from: 35-709 on August 16, 2019, 12:53:32 PM
That looks like it could be a real find.  Their area code puts them in N. Eastern Massachusetts.  I bookmarked their link for future reference.

Agree on the area code, but one of the reviews says:
………..
Ordered silver grey covers for my bmw.
They Sent dim Grey covers (darker).
So They want me To pay for the shipping back (from Italy To Texas).
Their error, They should pay.

Bad customer service.
………….

Texas or Mass?

1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

59-in-pieces

Chris,
I see nothing wrong with helping folks, who ask for our help.
I hope your comment was meant to be tongue and cheek.

Eric,
Good for you finding the reviews and sharing with the OP and the rest of us.
Likely saved him from throwing his money away.

Nobody gave me my money - like so many others - we worked hard for it, and don't like wasting it.
And just like giving advice on parts and how-tos, a heads up about where to buy parts - any kinda parts - is what we should be all about.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

WTL

I not sure if I am overstepping a line, but I looked a little deeper at reviews and I think I would still consider them. 

Quote from: WTL on August 16, 2019, 08:37:58 PM
I not sure if I am overstepping a line, but I looked a little deeper at reviews and I think I would still consider them.

60% weren't just negative - they were strongly negative.   

After careful examination of the images, I can guarantee there is no way these seat covers would ever pass for original upholstery and the pattern shown for 1967 is dead wrong. Might be fine for the owner just looking to spruce up their interior inexpensively for a driver but would never pass muster to the critical eye.

Even if the owner is happy with less-than-perfection, 40% odds of satisfaction is serious reason for pause and trepidation. Guess it all depends on how much of a betting man (or woman) one is. 

chrisntam

Quote from: WTL on August 16, 2019, 08:37:58 PM

I'd consider them if they were a local company where I could go and check out the business.

Over the phone or via email?  No thanks.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

chrisntam

Quote from: 59-in-pieces on August 16, 2019, 07:57:13 PM
Chris,
I see nothing wrong with helping folks, who ask for our help.
I hope your comment was meant to be tongue and cheek.

Eric,
Good for you finding the reviews and sharing with the OP and the rest of us.
Likely saved him from throwing his money away.

Nobody gave me my money - like so many others - we worked hard for it, and don't like wasting it.
And just like giving advice on parts and how-tos, a heads up about where to buy parts - any kinda parts - is what we should be all about.

Have fun,
Steve B.

Steve, I was being sarcastic, thus the eye-roll emoji. 

I believe we should be able to praise businesses or individuals when appropriate and counter to that, be able to share negative experiences as well.

It's not my forum, so I follow the rules.  Overall, I'm 99.99% very, very satisfied with this forum.  Not being able to give candid feedback is the 01%.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Well in this case, it seems the "dirty work" has already been done and is posted on a site for online reviews for all to see.

Thoughtful criticism of restoration parts, materials and even cars being offered is a bit different than slamming the business individual/entity itself. That is what is generally frowned upon.

WTL

Obviously, the standard can't be originality or concourse level restoration.  That should be evident, we were talking about modestly priced covers. 

The threads I read said the covers were decent, customer service was mostly slow and not responsive.  That is why I said they might be a vendor to consider.  A lot of companies in this field are slow.  If you build in that expectation, maybe you save a buck. 

By all means, everyone, read reviews and decide.