News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

August Self Starter

Started by Bob Kielar, August 17, 2019, 10:27:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Kielar

I have not received my August Self Starter and I haven’t seen any  discussion about it. Did I miss something?

Regards,

Bob Kielar
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

Big Fins

Got mine the last week of July.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top. (The Old Man) SOLD!

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Bob, make sure from an earlier issue that you didn't miss your renewal. And in any case, call the office and Nancy will get you out a copy. (Or Mike...)
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Brent Hladky #21519

Mine showed up on time, and trashed as usual.

The Tassie Devil(le)

Mine showed up on Friday, perfect as usual.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: Brent Hladky #21519 on August 18, 2019, 01:15:01 AM
Mine showed up on time, and trashed as usual.

Sorry to hear it. If you call the CLC office, a replacement will be sent at no charge.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

BJM

I switched to e-SS a couple of months ago and have not looked at a SS since.  The last time I tried to get in I forgot the passwords, method of entry or something and just gave up.   With a paper self starter, there are no passwords to open it and browse.  SS entry for e-use should be made easier to remember. 

Big Fins

I like the paper version. Too hard to carry the laptop into the 'office'.  ;)
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top. (The Old Man) SOLD!

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

chrisntam

Quote from: Big Fins on August 18, 2019, 01:30:29 PM
I like the paper version. Too hard to carry the laptop into the 'office'.  ;)

I have the SS and the current Hemmings in my office which I have set up as a quiet place where I can concentrate. 

My SS arrived safely and my car was pictured in it, after a grueling 850 mile trip to get to where the photographer was.

;D
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Jason Edge

Quote from: BJM on August 18, 2019, 11:17:41 AM
I switched to e-SS a couple of months ago and have not looked at a SS since.  The last time I tried to get in I forgot the passwords, method of entry or something and just gave up.   With a paper self starter, there are no passwords to open it and browse.  SS entry for e-use should be made easier to remember.
Well, we live in a world of passwords. Like most sites, if you go to the CLC site and forget your password, there is a "Forgot your password" link that will email you a link to reset your password (see attachment). Unlike many sites such as banking that required more security, the CLC has not required the complex passwords and forcing us to change them every X days. I still have the same one I have had for several years  now. I will add, that if I paid the $35 for my online subscription and could not pull it up the day I received notice it is available I would be contacting Peter Gariepy.. also listed right about the sign-in block.

And, while we are talking about the Self-Starter, for those chomping at the bit to get the next S-S, Peter often seems to put them up around the 20th... but a little birdie told me that if you go to the site, click on Publications, go to Self-Starter Online, and scroll down past the photo icon links, you can access the Sept 2019 issue. I've already got it loaded to my iPhone and have went thru about 1/2 this new issue.

You can either complain about technology or use it. I like to use it.. especially when I have to pay for it. Don't get me wrong, I love my print copy of the S-S but also love the cool things I can do with the electronic PDF version, like immediately search thru it, or access it basically anywhere with my smartphone.  If I wanted to find say every reference of a 1941 Cadillac in a particular issue, I would be flipping thru every page end to end. On my iPhone it takes about 3 seconds.  If I wanted to access the S-S from say ... anywhere, I can immediately pull it up. I like that convenience.  Still like the paper copy, but like the electronic version convenience.
Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Executive Vice President
CLC 1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Director - www.6364Cadillac.com
CLC Carolina Region Webmaster - www.CRCLC.org
CLC MRC Benefactor
email - jasonedge64@outlook.com
1964 Coupe DeVille - Sierra Gold - http://bit.ly/1WnOQRX
2002 Escalade EXT - Black
2013 Escalade EXT Premium Edition - Xenon Blue
2022 XT5 Luxury Premium - Dark Moon Blue Metallic