News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1962 power steering pump diagram

Started by ottsix_racer, August 20, 2019, 01:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ottsix_racer

Does anyone have a good diagram of a 1962 power steering pump assembly?
I need to re assemble one that I did not take apart and need to confirm what goes where.
I am missing the bolts that are used to connect the reservoir to the pump.  Looks like they may have a rubber o-ring.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

fishnjim

If you buy a rebuild kit, they usually have one inside with the instructions.   
It's in the shop manual also.
You might try to google the saginaw model/part number and see if one's out there.   
You'll probably have to measure for the bolts unless listed in the manual or someone knows.

35-709

Right, the rebuild kit, which you should use for the new o-rings supplied, shaft seal, vanes, etc. should have a diagram.  Wasting your time if you put it together with old parts, NAPA, etc. should have the rebuild kits or can get them quickly.  As I remember once you remove the output hose fitting the reservoir will come off, it is sort of a press fit with a large o-ring and that's it --- which is one reason they tell you not to pull on the reservoir to tighten the belt.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2