News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Details needed on replacing vacuum release for Allante parking brake

Started by BigCanoeGA, August 23, 2019, 11:18:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigCanoeGA

Can anyone tell me how to gain access to replace the vacuum cylinder on the parking brake of my '93 Allante?  It seems to be a major ergonomic challenge for anyone who is not slender and with long arms....  Unsure if the whole parking brake pedal assembly needs to be unbolted.  Or is it just a 'braille' task, without visual?  I have a replacement cylinder.  Hoping to hear from someone who has managed this task.

Scot Minesinger

Please confirm that you have the factory shop manual.  I just replaced the ac hoses on an Allante and without it, that would have been near impossible unless thru experience.

Unfortunately with these modern cars you do have to be fairly limber, slender and have hands with good dexterity.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

76 cadillac bob

before replacing, check vacuum, I had leaks in my  93 upper manifold and had a major repair, it caused the pedal to not go back up, also the holding power of the brake was not working these cars rely on vacuum for so much it also affected the cruise control and a host of other things. check the simple stuff first. Good Luck.