News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1960 Convertible Rear Speaker

Started by silvero604, September 11, 2019, 06:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silvero604

Hi
I am updating the car's radio in my 1960 Series 62 convertible  to FM/aux input/Bluetooth (Aurora Design).
The radio has been removed and sent out for the conversion, but I am not sure how to remove the rear speaker.
Does the back seat have to be removed?
The shop manual says, "Remove two phillips screws securing speaker assembly at rear top center of back seat."
Not sure if I am looking in the wrong place but can't seem to locate these two screws.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Brent

adamcap

Hi Brent,

Did you ever figure out how to remove the back speaker?  I'm replacing mine and I'm hoping you can give me some guidance before I start taking things apart.

Thanks,

Adam

silvero604

Hi, Adam

It's not as bad as it might be.
You need to remove the lower seat in the back first.
Basically it needs to be pushed forward at the bottom and lifted up to disengage it from a hock that is holding it in place.
A friend helped to remove the lower seat from the car.
The upper back seat had a few screws holding it in place which were removed and then you will have access to the speaker.

Good luck!

Brent