News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

clc members on Jay Leno's Garage

Started by phildeville@cox.net, September 12, 2019, 02:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phildeville@cox.net

Patrick and Ginny Halvorsen, CLC So Cal (and CLC San Diego) members, had their 1979 Eldorado filmed on May 20, 2019 at Jay Leno's Garage in Burbank. The episode featuring their Eldorado will air on CNBC Network's "Jay Leno's Garage" on Wednesday, September 18, 2019 at 7:00 p.m.
Phil Terry  CLC# 15270

TJ Hopland

Cool.   Will have to be sure to watch it.   Will be interesting to see how they handle a car I actually know a lot about.   Most of the cars they feature I know nothing about so I don't know how well they are covering them.    That is one thing I like about the show is he has and features a lot of unusual to me cars.   That is also what I like about Youtube, you get people around the world working on what is the same old thing to them but is unusual to others. 
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Big Fins

Thanks, Phil. Jay is probably the only celeb that I would care to meet. He's one of the few REAL people of Hollyweird. His car collection, (and others) is awesome. And he drives his cars, they don't sit and rot.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

BJM

I love his show but the current season - so far - is not so focused on the old or exotic car hobby and more focused on crazy topics.  I believe this is his 3rd season and perhaps he feels he has covered many of the hobby topics.  Not sure. 

I still watch because of his sense of humor.  But this last episode was on Jeep's newest Wrangler prototype and then some off road vehicle that had nothing to do with the old car hobby.

chrisntam

I have it on series recording, I like the assess and caress? portion where they look at 3 cars and review their valuation.

Agree with Bryan about this season so far, a real yawner....

1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

bcroe

Too bad I can not see it, have been working on and driving 79 E cars
almost since new.  Bruce Roe

TJ Hopland

Finally saw the episode.   The car didn't seem to have much to do with the segment and they didn't talk about it much.   7 liter?   Eldorado, Deville same thing I guess.   79 was an easy year for Eldo engines, you had the 5.7/350 EFI standard and the 5.7/350 diesel as an option.  You would think they could have at least mentioned the EFI, that was still a very rare thing to find in 79.   
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason