News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Modified Chapter Forum

Started by "Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364, September 16, 2019, 11:34:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

The previous post mentions the Modified Chapter Forum and perhaps some discussion is in order.  I have been following the forum for probably a decade or so, and do so daily. Over the years there has been a wealth of information and discussion regarding all manner of projects from (not to muddy the waters) disc brake conversions, to 35 La Salles with 500 inch /5 speed standard transmissions, to 390's with fuel injection to (yes) air suspension conversions and many more exotic "modifications".
Yes, sometimes the response is slow or seeming lacking, but just like mechanics that we can find to work on our standard Cads are disappearing, so are the old time hot rodders that are still doing their thing and talking about it on the Modified Forum.
Perhaps there is a lack of patience for neophyte posters over subjects that have been historically beaten to death, but a search will bring up most answers.
I hope by discussing tho "other forum" I have not violated any of this forums rules, and if so I know the Tasmanian Devile will smote me down.
Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

59-in-pieces

Greg,
Well said about the Modified site - I track it too.

I also follow the "Lay It Low" group - amazing number of Cads over there, and how they modify their rides and deal with solving some of the same issues that folks here need help.

I've said it many times - that those who live in the past or reject the evolution of the future are doomed to remain ignorant and will simperingly be left behind.

Funny you poked the Tazzy Devil bear - he happens to the best of us - it's often tough to know where the landmines are, or who's the sacred cow with the raw nerve.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Big Fins

Fear not Greg and Steve...for it is me that Taz searches for. I am his favorite whipping post.

I joined the MCLC in 2005 and was Treasurer for a number of years. I just felt I didn't fit in there anymore because of the Purist in me that likes an automobile to be as close to factory as I can get it within reason. 
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top. (The Old Man) SOLD!

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

The Tassie Devil(le)

Ha ha.   Everyone that falls foul of the Forum Rules of this Forum can receive nice emails from not just myself, but any of my fellow hard-working Moderators.  We hope that everyone is treated fairly, and some even get banned.   The Forum Rules are there for a reason.

There is no problem with mentioning, or advertising the Modified Chapter on this Forum as the Modified Chapter is a Chapter that took a long time to become accepted within the realms of the Cadillac & LaSalle Club, as when it was formed way back when, it did receive its' fair share of knockers, and I would have to say that it would have been the first group that was recognised by the board of the CLC that allowed anything to be modified within a Cadillac or LaSalle.

One thing that not many purists have observed is within the logo of the Modified Chapter.

Anyone apart from the foundation members of the Modified Chapter see what it is?

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Big Fins

I remember we worked hard on that logo. Many designs came along before that one was used.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top. (The Old Man) SOLD!

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

76eldo

Many of the younger guys want their cars mildly customized. At least when it comes to stereos and wheels. Some go way beyond that with body and suspension mods.
Seems as though a very large segment of the hobby is moving in that direction so the original guys need to at least acknowledge their existence. Personally I like my cars stock and original but many do not and want to personalize their cars.
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: 76eldo on September 17, 2019, 08:37:18 AM
Seems as though a very large segment of the hobby is moving in that direction so the original guys need to at least acknowledge their existence.

LOL! Every time I said that the dino's go wild, it erupts into a flame war, and every post or thread about me gets deleted
by the moderators. Careful Brian!  ;D
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all