News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Help To Identify '37 LaSalle "Under-Panels"

Started by carlhungness, September 17, 2019, 05:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlhungness

It has been so many years since I have removed the flathead from my '37 LaSalle coupe I cannot immediately identify where these panels go. It seems as though they would fit next to the engine.
      One panel has a tab on it with a long spring as well, and I have no idea what it is or is supposed to retain, so advice is sought.

DaveZ

Hi Carl,
  Hope all is well. They look like fender mud guards? Not rear maybe front?
Dave
Regards,
David Zitzmann
1932 345B

carlhungness

I need to look under a 37 to see where they fit, if they are in fact off my 37. I thought they fit next to the engine.

bigbeckley@outlook.com

Front of engine between radiator... John Lehman...

carlhungness

Thanks so much John, I needed the knowledge. There was a chance the parts were off my '42 Packard so you've saved me some research time. I'll go fit them tomorrow. I still don't know where the long slender spring that is on one of them goes, so maybe it'll identify itself.

bigbeckley@outlook.com

Sorry Carl. I made a mistake... The brkt. that has long spring attached goes on driver side by steering box . the spring is for the clutch pedal... John C. Lehman...

carlhungness

Spit Shine Perfect. My bracket has the spring intact, and it just slips over a little tab, and the other side doesn't have one, so I've been wracking my brain wondering just what the heck the spring does. I sure hope to keep the clutch pedal in as is placement so your info is just what I need. I'll pop under the car tomorrow and have a look around.

DaveZ

Yes John. I was going to say the rad to engine is one large piece. You are correct on the second location:-) I looked at the rear on mine and wasn't for there. I don;t have the ones Carl has so That is why I wasn't sure, but thought there were originally ones up front too.
Regards,
David Zitzmann
1932 345B

DaveZ

With that said Carl would you mind tracing them and sending me in mail?:-)
Dave
Regards,
David Zitzmann
1932 345B

carlhungness

Hi: Will do..they are bent and will straighten a bit..Give me an address again please.