News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Fumoto oil change valve

Started by Dave Shepherd, September 18, 2019, 09:49:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepherd

Anyone have any experience with this product?

Big Fins

Stick with the regular drain plug, Dave.

Many trucking companies were using these until they had to buy a few engines at $15k-$20k each. Hitting just about any road debris like a tire casing/tread, can open these up, dumping all of the crankcase oil onto the road.

How long does it really take to remove the drain plug? True it's less messy, but it's your call.

https://www.fumotooildrainvalve.com/
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top. (The Old Man) SOLD!

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

Dave Shepherd

Good point, it does hang down some.

TC

Had one on a car for years with no issues, however, it was located in the rear of the oil pan (Chevy).  It came with the car so I left it on.

MaR

I have had them on several cars with no issues. They cannot be easily opened accidentally as they have a spring loaded locking lever.

stzomah

I have one on my lifted f250 diesel.  I love it on the truck.  Not so comfortable with the valve clearance on a car so close to the ground?  They do have a detent and a spring so you have to push the spring loaded lever above the detent to open the valve.  If it got hit, it would possibly break off the entire valve?  I'm sure you would hear an impact like that and pull over to check?
1956 Series 62 Coupe
owned since 1975

Dave Shepherd

Agreed, sticking out of the bottom of the pan, not good.  Side corner drain such as a 350 Chev, it would be out of the way.