News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Cadillac User Experience screens 2013-17-- class action suit

Started by jdemerson, September 21, 2019, 07:28:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdemerson

A class action suit has been filed on behalf of current and former owners of 2014-2017 Cadillacs with the CUE screens. It claims that the screens were defective with cracking, de-lamination, bubbling, and resulting non-functioning. I don't think the same technology extended to any 2018 models.

http://cadillacsociety.com/2019/09/20/class-action-lawsuit-filed-over-delaminated-cadillac-cue-screens/

John Emerson
1952 Cadillac sedan 6219X
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

wrench

lol,

The hardware may be bad, but the software is worse.

That damage in the picture in the article is proof that people banging on the screen in frustration is what is causing the delamination. You can see the stress fractures radiating out of the center of impact roughly the size and shape of the heel of a fist.

They should save the defective screens they remove. I’d gladly pay $5 for one just to take a sledge hammer to it.
1951 Series 62 Sedan
1969 Eldorado
1970 Eldorado (Triple Black w/power roof)
1958 Apache 3/4 ton 4x4
2005 F250
2014 FLHP
2014 SRX

41CadJeremy

Haha Jim you're absolutely correct. Somebody went postal on that screen...
Jeremy Masters

41 Cad 62 CCP

BJM

Word is that Buick as a brand is to be eliminated in the next few years, leaving only Chevrolet and Cadillac.  If Cadillac wants to prosper and be a "standard of the world" it needs to match the legendary customer service of competing brands.   

The question is" 'will GM survive another 20-25 years?"  Too big to fail?"  No more bankruptcy assistance please.

Big Apple Caddy

Quote from: BJM on September 22, 2019, 02:47:04 PM
Word is that Buick as a brand is to be eliminated in the next few years, leaving only Chevrolet and Cadillac.

Word from where?  Only Chevrolet and Cadillac, what about GMC?

Buick is quite popular in China and I would be surprised to see GM risk hurting the brand's image by dropping it in North America.  There are several new Buick models expected to be released for the North American market over the next few years including Encore GX, Enspire, Envoy plus even more for the China market.

cadillacmike68

And I thought just the interface was bad.

CUE:
Cadillac
User
Exasperation
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike