News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Does Any Other Cad-LaSalle Use These Trim Clips

Started by carlhungness, September 29, 2019, 04:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlhungness

Just finished dis-assembling the dash of my '37 LaSalle coupe and note it is not the first time this has been done. Thus I am missing half a dozen of the trim clips that hold the trim pieces on and wondering if any other vehicle uses the same clips. They are terribly small and fragile, made of spring steel and appear as they can easily be broken. I didn't break any but a few are missing and it would sure be nice to find some rather than trying to make pieces that will slide in the trim and ultimately hold it firm.
    The clips are still attached to the trim in the attached photo.

harvey b

My 37 60 series uses the same clip,i dont have any extra ones,and i dont know who makes them,they are used in the same type of chrome on the dash,only mine runs horizontal on the caddy.Good Luck   Harveyb
Harvey Bowness

carlhungness

Thanks for the reply anyhow. It occurs to me I might be able to grind an 0-80 screw or thereabout, put a flat on each side, and slide them into the trim, turn 180 degrees and put a nut on the back. The tension will hold them in and all I have to worry about is holding them in place while I tighten, which I can do on the bench.