News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Need a QUALITY Car Cover for my Allante

Started by BJM, October 10, 2019, 10:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BJM

Regrettably the Allante will likely be outside for the winter.  I need a high quality car cover that will not blow off in winter and will last.  Any recommendations?

Big Fins

Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top. (The Old Man) SOLD!

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

+1 on California Car Cover.  They make the best.  I have
several from them and are very pleased.  They have types
for all applications.

One thing to consider.  You should get a "breathable" type
that does not trap moisture.  Moisture trapped under the
cover can do a world of damage to your car.  Also, be prepared
to have heavy nylon rope to tie under the car both front to
back and side to side.  Their covers have grommet holes to
assist with tie down but I bought a grommet kit with brass
reinforced holes to add a few extra tie downs.  In a good
winter storm you'll need them.  The kit is cheap.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/General-Tools-1-2-in-Solid-Brass-Grommet-Kit-71264/100200416

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

T.Skytte

I got one from CoverKing for my 1979 Eldorado.

It's an excellent cover BUT they forgot to make a pocket for the hood ornament  :o
I specifically read on their site that they take great care in making all pockets for mirrors and hood ornaments so I didn't specifically mention it.

Upon complaint they asked me to ship it back to them so they could sew on a pocket but I am in Spain and the cost would be prohibitive... oh well.

So wherever you decide to get a cover be sure to mention any hood ornaments!

TS
----------------------------
1979 Eldorado Biarritz

Big Fins

Mike...Mine has elastic all the way around on the front and back. No grommets or wire to tie. Pockets for the mirrors, but I put a towel over the hood ornament so it won't puncture a hole in it. I cover the car in about 2 minutes. A little longer to uncover, because I fold it up real nice so that it just rolls right on when needed the next time.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top. (The Old Man) SOLD!

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille