News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Brand/model tires 79 eldo

Started by T.Skytte, October 21, 2019, 11:34:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T.Skytte

Hi all,

Does anybody know what brand/model of tires the 79 eldorado biarritz was shipped with? Were they all identical or was it up to dealers etc? Can they still be obtained?

Odd question maybe but I since I take care to keep mine as original as possible this should include the tires. :o

Best,

TS
----------------------------
1979 Eldorado Biarritz

bcroe

I do not know, but there is no problem getting replacement tires
for mine.  A complicated car to maintain, sometimes it comes to a
choice between originality and functionality.  Bruce Roe

T.Skytte

Yes I agree, actually my current tires are still ok and holds air great. Just wondering what was it originally shipped with and when I eventually have to replace them then I might as well use some that are as close as possible.

My reason for keeping it original is that basically I want the authentic 1979 experience when driving it, I want it to be a time-machine so to speak.  ::) :o F.ex. it has the original radio (with CB)  and it has a quite different sound compared to modern radios, I love it.
----------------------------
1979 Eldorado Biarritz

TJ Hopland

By 79 radials were standard on just about everything so there wasn't as much difference as there was before that happened.    I'm not sure if it was an option right away in 79 but at some point there was a touring package that had a different size tire than the standard model.   Im going from memory but if stock was 205 75 15 the touring was a 215 70 15.   Whitewall was pretty narrow which is what the few brands that still sell one are.   There were some trim and color combos for that body that looked good with blackwalls too, especially the ones with aluminum wheels.
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

76eldo

Google sales brochures to see what the originals were. Probably Uniroyals.
If your owners manual is complete there was tire info included in that.
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Tires installed at the factory could have been from two or possibly three different manufacturers which was done at random.

Aside from optional "Self Sealing" tires by Uniroyal (beginning 1980), there was otherwise no specific way for the buyer to have selected one tire brand over the other when ordering from the factory. Any preference would have to be addressed at the dealer level.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute