News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

rear anti-sway bars on RWD Broughams

Started by Maynard Krebs, October 22, 2019, 09:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maynard Krebs

I remember seeing many RWD Broughams of the 80s and early 90s with rear anti-sway bars, like big Chevys with the F41 sport suspension option.

The attachment design is such that a relatively-
thinner-metal 'bracket' is used to attach the bar to the bottom of the rear suspension trailing arms (along with nuts & bolts).

Does anyone know if the RWD Cadillac bar is the same one as on a big RWD Chevy... of around late 1980s vintage, give or take??   If so, does anyone know.. a source for these attaching parts.. probably from a low rust-belt area ? ?

Finally, can anyone provide the GM part number(s) for these attaching brackets?

Maynard Krebs

** UPDATE **

As a result of some very recent on-line research, I found the GM part number for the attaching bracket for Broughams through 1992:  it is #10191120.

For the record, these brackets are the same for similar-vintage RWD Caprices of '77 through '90.

I'm in process of obtaining a pair of this necessary hardware; and will post progress.. as it occurs.

dochawk

to '92?   But I just bought a '93  :P

I didn't even know what an antisway bar *was* until my Crown Victoria got hit by a bus while parked (I was at a 341 hearing).   

I came out, and there was a crowd around my car, which wasn't quite the right shape any more . . .

The next morning, driving it in, I heard a "POP" as I was pulling off the freeway . . . and looking underneath, I learned what an antisway bar (of which I now had two pieces!) . . . I had it towed to a dealer . . .

1972 Eldorado convertible,  1997 Eldorado ETC (now awaiting parts swap from '95 donor), 1993 Fleetwood but no 1926 (yet)

cadman56

I have a spare rear bar and set of lower links I was keeping for my 91 Brougham but since I am trying to sell the car I would let them go.
1956 Cadillac Coupe deVille (sold)
1956 Cadillac Convertible (sold)
1956 Cadillac Eldorado Seville (sold)
1967 Cadillac Eldorado (sold)
1968 Cadillac Convertible (Sold)
1991 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham dElegance
Larry Blanchard CLC #5820