News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1958 Rochester Brass Vacuum Fitting

Started by jamesmadconductor, October 28, 2019, 11:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesmadconductor

I am servicing my carburetor and have damaged the brass vacuum fitting on the rear side of the carb base. The fitting has two ports: one adapts to the larger, metal line that goes to the booster, and the other goes to the AC choke unit. Can anyone point me in the direction of locating a replacement fitting?
Dr. James Keith
1912 Model T Touring
1939 LaSalle series 50 Sedan
1940 LaSalle series 52 Coupe
1949 Chevrolet 3800 Panel Truck
1958 MG-A
1958 Cadillac Series 62
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
2008 Cadillac XLR Alpine White Edition

Daryl Chesterman

James, try taking the fitting down to your local NAPA dealer and see if they can help you.  They have a lot of brass fittings available, so they might have one in stock or be able to order it for you, or direct you to another store that can help you.  If you can't find a fitting there, post clear pictures of what each end of the fitting looks like, and maybe someone can help you with your need.

Daryl Chesterman

fishnjim

Are U saying "AC" like in "AC" Delco or like "AC" air conditioning?

I don't think there's any such thing as vacuum for the choke?   Chokes just get hot air rising through the tube from the choke stove on the passenger manifold.   That heats the spring coil and moves the choke lever.
Doesn't sound like it's properly connected at first glance.   I'll go look at my spare Rochester, but don't recall any such factory part.   I think it should just be a straight flare fitting with a 3/8" tube that the vacuum hose slips over.   
The other vacuum sources comes form the tube behind the intake fromt eh vacuum pump for the wipers, etc.   There's a separate tube for the dist advance under the intake.
I'll see if I have a picture of one set-up.   Mean time you need to take one and post here.