News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Fuel lines and element for 67 fuel filter

Started by 67 Cadillac, November 02, 2019, 08:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

67 Cadillac

Hi,

I just received the correct glass fuel filter I purchased on Ebay for my 67 Eldorado. I will need to buy the fuel lines that run from the pump to the carb. CARiD sell these two pieces that I need. My car has AC and I can't seem to find the tube/line for there overflow vent. I'm wondering if someone makes this part or will I have to make it myself. Making my own shouldn't be a problem but it might be nice to find one that is ready to go. I also need to buy a new element for the filter and I thought I would ask what my best option is. I've noticed a few different kinds. I think I recall someone here saying that the O ring on the non air fuel filter (mayby after market only) was a slightly smaller diameter. I can really use some help.

Cheers and thanks
Jeff

Daryl Chesterman

Hi Jeff,

The fuel filter that you need is a NAPA 3039 or WIX 33039 (NAPA is made by WIX), for your 429 with A/C.  Be sure that the flat "rubber" gasket for the glass bowl-to-housing is pliable, to ensure a good seal without over-tightening the bail nut.  If you need the gasket, the NAPA number is S65544 (This comes with a fine screen, which you can discard).  It is possible that you have a cork gasket, and if it is in good condition, it can be reused.  Be very careful to not over-tighten the bail nut, or you will warp the metal housing.  Be sure that it does not leak after replacing the filter and recheck for leaks after running it a few miles.

The following website has a return line for your fuel filter.  If you have not already ordered the other lines from the pump to the carb, you can compare prices and act accordingly.

https://classictube.com/

Daryl Chesterman

MikeLawson

67 Cadillac

Thanks a lot for this guys. This is very helpful.

Jeff