News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Where has 1960 Eldo Seville Jon been?

Started by 76eldo, November 08, 2019, 10:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

76eldo

Inquiring minds want to know...

Is the body on or off?
Is it for sale or getting fixed up?

What’s happening? 
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

marty55cdv

Marty Smith
  CLC #22760
41 60 Special http://bit.ly/1Wm0GvT
55 CDV http://bit.ly/1G933IY
56 Fleetwood
1958 Extended Deck http://bit.ly/1NPYhGC
1959 Fleetwood  http://bit.ly/1OFsrOE
1960 Series 62 Coupe
1960 Sedan DeVille  4 window Flattop
63 Fleetwood http://bit.ly/1iSz17J
1964 Eldorado http://bit.ly/1Wm17GA  (Living in California now)
1988 EBC http://bit.ly/1iSACKz

rwchatham CLC 21892

What is he doing with the rest of the parts ?  Why only sell the partial car ?
R. Waligora

wrefakis

I think we knew the outcome prior to the arrival of his purchase

76eldo

I think he’s gonna dress up the Coupe as an Eldo. That’s my guess.
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa

1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

rwchatham CLC 21892

Quote from: 76eldo on November 08, 2019, 01:03:19 PM
I think he’s gonna dress up the Coupe as an Eldo. That’s my guess.

Seriously ???
R. Waligora

60eldo

HELLO, Im here, Im in LIMBO, cars in my garage stripped,trying to sell it maybe, just not sure what to do yet, so they say,,,when in doubt,,,,do without, or do nothing. I really dont want to bother you guys anymore with my situation that I got myself in
Jon. Kluczynski

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Jon,

We are here to assist you, in any way we can.   Just don't do anything you will regret.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Chuck Patton

Hello Jon

I concur with Bruce.

Please do not be depressed or stop asking questions. That is the way humans make progress.

The Cadillac & LaSalle Club (paraphrasing) was created to promote our brand, maintain, restore, and have car fun WITH people globally.
Appraiser-Broker-Consultant
Past CLC National Board Director
Past CLCMRC Director
Past CLC Motor City Region President
CLC 1959-60 Cadillac Chapter Director
CLC Life Member #23147

chrisntam

Jon,

Try to figure out:

1) what your goal is (what car you want when it's completed - a #1, #2 or a driver)
2) how are you going to get there (buy a done car, restore one by yourself, done by a professional or a combo of both)
3) how much time and money do you want / have to spend
4) value of the car once you have it vs. your investment in it - is that doable for you?

I agree, sometimes doing nothing is easy - I do it a lot.   Ponder it, your answers will come to you.

FWIW, from a financial standpoint, I have more that double in my '70 than what it's worth and it's not near done (to where I'd like it to be), but I having fun with it anyway. 

From a time standpoint, I'm able to drive it and enjoy it.  I bought a running / driving car, but immediately pulled the motor/trans and had them rebuilt, which took about 3 to 4 months.  Doing (and re-doing) the other stuff along the way.

After my 59 years of life, I've discovered we can always make more money (work, invest, sell things), but what we will always be short of is time.

Let us know what's happening along the way.  Get with the local club and enlist some help if it's available.

chris.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Caddyholic

It’s a disease called caddyholisum worst case I have ever seem.
I got myself a Cadillac but I can't afford the gasoline (AC/DC Down Payment Blues)

1961 Series 62 Convertible Coupe http://bit.ly/1RCYsVZ
1962 Coupe Deville

chrisntam

Quote from: Caddyholic on November 08, 2019, 08:54:11 PM

Agreed!

I never dyno'd my engine......but I wanted to!!

;D
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

wrench

Quote from: 60eldo on November 08, 2019, 07:15:54 PM
HELLO, Im here, Im in LIMBO, cars in my garage stripped,trying to sell it maybe, just not sure what to do yet, so they say,,,when in doubt,,,,do without, or do nothing. I really dont want to bother you guys anymore with my situation that I got myself in

Hey man, troubleshooting and problem solving is what this place and these people are all about...

I’ll start with something I’ve learned over the years. Say there are two types of people, 1) Goal oriented and 2) process oriented.

You need to figure out what of those two you are and go with it. If you are goal oriented, then state your goal, approach your project with the goal in mind and work backwards to develop a roadmap.

If you are process oriented, start with the current state of affairs and work on developing a roadmap toward a goal or even several goals...sometimes with a technical project you attain goals you didn’t even know were possible. I call them ‘personal growth experiences’...

I’m a process oriented guy. I love the process, the goal has never been important to me. That is why I don’t do 100 point projects. Perfection is a state of mind, not a state of being. So I don’t seek perfection, I seek a path that can take me to a realistic outcome based on time, cost and quality which are the 3 legs of project management.

Each of those legs has an effect on the others and it is a balancing act to get it right.

And sometimes,,getting it right takes more than one approach. You have to be able to step back and ‘measure’ what you are doing so you can make corrections and work towards a state of satisfaction.

It seems to me that you have reached this point and you are stepping back and measuring. If you have any questions about that, this is exactly the right place to ask them.
1951 Series 62 Sedan
1969 Eldorado
1970 Eldorado (Triple Black w/power roof)
1958 Apache 3/4 ton 4x4
2005 F250
2014 FLHP
2014 SRX

76eldo

Selling the shell makes sense if you can get a buyer. 60 Eldo parts at like money in the bank. If you find another Seville that missing parts you will already have them.
If you find a nice complete one you can always sell the extra parts.

Good luck with the sale.
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa

1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

60eldo

So I had an offer on my 60 Coupe $15000,,,I turned it down cause I have $20,000 in it, and I figured, I cant replace this car for that. Ill post a pic for you guys who havent seen it. But yes if I can sell the eldo parts, I may break close to even. But let me say, its really hard to do this, even if I sold the white one and got 15 for it, Id need 40 to fix the eldo and Id still have a car that would have fixed floors, and a cut off roof. Believe me Ive thought of every option, nothing seems to work except part out the eldo and start again, lesson learned. If I can sell the motor with tri-power and dist. rear grill, the side stainless I have all 18 pieces, criuse control complete, interior stainless, eldo hub caps, 6-way P seat works good, I may get close to recovery. 
Jon. Kluczynski

chrisntam

I'd suggest not selling the eldo parts yet (or the other one), should they be needed (the parts) for the car you end up with. 

Once you get the car you want, chose the best parts for the keeper car (from the other 2) and then sell (assuming you've got room to store them) what's left.

That's easy for me to suggest, but it would be difficult for me to carry out as I have no room to store cars.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

60eldo

Not a bad idea Chris, I have been a little reluctant so far selling anything. I think if I can sell the body  frame , with Title  1st, that will be a good start.
Jon. Kluczynski

59-in-pieces

Jon,
Bruce is right.

Ol' Butcher sayings.

"NEVER HURRY TO A DISASTER"

"STEP OUT OF THE WAY OF THE HERD - THEY JUST MAY BE LEMMINGS GOING OVER A CLIFF - NO NEED TO FALLOW"

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

76eldo

Oh yes. Always hang onto parts for a car you own or may buy. You never know what you might need.
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa

1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

dochawk

Quote from: Caddyholic on November 08, 2019, 08:54:11 PM

My name is Doc, and I have a Cadillac problem.

It's been thirty days and five hours since my last Cadillac purchase.

;D ::)
1972 Eldorado convertible,  1997 Eldorado ETC (now awaiting parts swap from '95 donor), 1993 Fleetwood but no 1926 (yet)