News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

55 fleetwood trim removal

Started by bskizl, November 21, 2019, 11:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bskizl

Hey guys, a bit of a newbie here and i appreciate any help, insight, or consideration. I am working on a 1955 fleetwood and am trying to get the stainless off without damaging it. The trim that is currently stumped me is the trim around the rear window as well as the trim at the top of the doors and on the rear sail panel.  I was able to remove the windshield trim and various door trim but i figured I would ask before i go tugging and prying.  Thanks again in advance.

Caddy Wizard

Most, if not all, of this is covered in the Shop Manual.  For the trim that separates the roof from the lower body (and that goes along the sail panel), there are fasteners (some removed from inside the trunk, some from inside the cabin).  For the rear window trim, I forget!  For the trim at the tops of the doors, there are screws (philips, I think).
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)

bskizl

Art, thanks for the reply. I was starting to wonder if there was a secret handshake i didn't know or something to get a response. lol. I will have to get a shop manual coming and hopefully that will help. I got the trim off of the 1/4. It took removing the back seat and  inner trim panel and that gave me access to the screws that hold it on. I actually found a picture of the trim for sale on ebay and saw that it had clips that screws screwed into so i just started taking stuff apart.  Now the stainless that goes around the rear window remains a mystery. Hopefully the shop manual will help.

Lexi

There are 2 shop manuals in 1955. You need the 1954 manual as well as the so-called 1955 Supplement. Clay/Lexi

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Nope, no secret handshake. But you do have to post pictures of your car. Hopefully this gets you started.
Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

From the 55 manual.
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

bskizl

awesome info guys. it is greatly appreciated. I ordered the 1954-1955 shop manual but Jeff that was exactly the info i needed.