News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

programming for new remotes on 1993 Fleetwood

Started by dochawk, November 25, 2019, 01:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dochawk

I've replaced the ignition cylinder due to a lost key and remote, but now I need to associate the new remotes (especially until the door key shows up again!).

Anyway, I've found a dozen or so bits online.  Most refer to a missing diagram (web server upgrades over the years?) and an annotation on that diagram.  They seem to agree that I need to short or jumper something on the DLC connector, the locks will cycle, and then I tap a key on each of two remotes).  I've also found one that claims a connector in the trunk to jumper near the rear left passenger (I have none that match that description), and the place  that cut my pk-2 found a video claiming a similar connector by the trunk latch (I think this is probably for the '94).

I assume (both by preponderance and that the connectors referred to don't exist . . .) that the DLC jumper under the dash is correct.  I cannot however, find either an image of this (or is it the same connector as the OBC?) nor anything referring to the device itself as to which to jump . . .).

We need to travel a few hundred miles and black this weekend, and it would be nice to be able to lock the doors (OK, I can lock, them; it would be nice to be able to unlock them . . .)

thanks
1972 Eldorado convertible,  1997 Eldorado ETC (now awaiting parts swap from '95 donor), 1993 Fleetwood but no 1926 (yet)