News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

'49 Series 62 Trunk hinge removal

Started by tower154, November 27, 2019, 04:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tower154

Can anybody tell me how to remove the trunk hinges from my sedanette.  There are two pins that hold the hinge mechanism in the body channel, but the pins seem to be frozen solid.  Do I need to release the spring tension somehow to reduce the force on the pins?  The pins are tapered on one end, but it is difficult to see if they are peened over to keep them from falling out. 
1949 Series 61 Club Coupe
1949 Series 62 Club Coupe

Jay Friedman

Try Joe Cutler at 49caddymanemail addresses not permitted
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

tower154

Finally got them out.  The hinge pins are splined on the head end.  Penetrating oil and a few taps from the tapered end and they came out.  :)

One body is now completely torn down except for the door hinges...the cover plate screws/bots are a bear to get out :(
1949 Series 61 Club Coupe
1949 Series 62 Club Coupe