News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Black CT6 V-8

Started by TonyZappone #2624, November 28, 2019, 02:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyZappone #2624

Someone posted the video of the limited edition of the new Black V-8 "V" car CT6.  (I forgot the specific model name).  A friend told me they were all accounted for, and none were available.  I would love to have one.  However, for someone who hasn't worked in 20 years, it would be a significant endeavor.  Anybody know anything about this car regarding its availability?  Discounting? List price is just under 100K
Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle

Rich S

I had posted the video link in another thread, and I think the car looks great and it surely will be a future Cadillac collectible! It is a step in the right direction, for the brand. You're livin' the dream, ordering one of those!

Here is the GM Online Ordering and Reference Guide link about the features, colors, etc. available:

https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2020&butID=1&regionID=1&divisionID=5&vehicleID=21811&type=0

Sorry, I do not know about discounts, quantity available, etc. The model in the video review is the CT6-V and it includes the V-8 engine called the "Blackwing." Here is another link to the review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4Tb1toeqyg

Of course, my preference would be for more of a "Platinum" edition, rather than "V-Series" version--just include the V-8, and then I would find the vehicle to be more appropriate to my tastes. For example, more wood inside, rather than Carbon Fiber trim, but I'm certain this one has it nicely done either way. I have seen it done with Mercedes' Designo Editions--the more plush accomodations.

Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe

The Tassie Devil(le)

I watched the video with interest, and boy, I hope nothing goes wrong with any of the electrical components.

One feature that I did find interesting was the Sun Visors, and that they extend.

Reminded me of my '55 and '57 Chevrolets.   They had extending Sun Visors.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

TonyZappone #2624

I am very happy with my 2016 CT6 Platinum, and will probably just keep it.  The exhaust of that Black car plain intrigued me.  In the morning I will go in the garage and see if the visors  extend on my car
Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle

David Greenburg

I just saw this car yesterday at the LA  Auto Show, and it definitely looks impressive.  A lot of money, but it’s a lot of car. I may get back to the show tomorrow; if I do I’ll see what they say about availability.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

Big Apple Caddy

Quote from: TonyZappone #2624 on November 28, 2019, 02:59:38 PM
Someone posted the video of the limited edition of the new Black V-8 "V" car CT6.  (I forgot the specific model name).  A friend told me they were all accounted for, and none were available.  I would love to have one.  However, for someone who hasn't worked in 20 years, it would be a significant endeavor.  Anybody know anything about this car regarding its availability?  Discounting? List price is just under 100K

The Blackwing V8 is available on 2019 and 2020 CT6 Platinum (500 hp) and CT6-V (550 hp) models.  2020s should be available at dealerships soon but there are currently still 2019s available with rebates/discounting.

jdemerson

Quote from: Rich S on November 28, 2019, 03:27:57 PM
Of course, my preference would be for more of a "Platinum" edition, rather than "V-Series" version--just include the V-8, and then I would find the vehicle to be more appropriate to my tastes. For example, more wood inside, rather than Carbon Fiber trim, but I'm certain this one has it nicely done either way. I have seen it done with Mercedes' Designo Editions--the more plush accommodations.
I agree with Rich S. about preferring the CT6 Platinum with the Blackwing. Of course the choice between Platinum and CT6-V is personal and subjective.

From the Cadillac web pages and other reports, I think that the 2019 version with the Blackwing is sold out. Cadillac says that 2020 CT6-V Blackwing is available in early 2020 with "extremely limited availability". I'd expect that the 2020 CT6 Platinum with the V8 also has very limited availability. Best bet may be to find a dealer that has one on order...

Do we know for sure that the CT6 will be discontinued, at least here in the U.S. (perhaps not in China)?

John Emerson
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn

Scot Minesinger

It seems like a fantastic car, and yes I would rather have the platinum over the V, because 500 or 550 hp is more than you can ever really use.  My 1995 RWD Fleetwood with 260 hp was a neck snapper with really gobs of power and torque, more than could be used.  The CT6 is a lighter car and although NOT all wheel drive would be my preference, it probably is required. 

I'm with Bruce, all those electronics - lots to go wrong, I would only buy it with an extremely strong warranty, then drive and enjoy as normal.  Collectable - not so sure;, lots of plastic, carbon fiber body, lots of electronics, small production, rare parts, and the like make this seem like not a practical future classic car.

It certainly is a prestige car!
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Big Apple Caddy

Quote from: jdemerson on November 29, 2019, 09:36:57 AM
From the Cadillac web pages and other reports, I think that the 2019 version with the Blackwing is sold out.
"Sold out" to special order from the factory perhaps but there still appears to be a number of new Blackwing V8 equipped 2019 CT6s available on dealer lots.

Quote from: jdemerson on November 29, 2019, 09:36:57 AM
Do we know for sure that the CT6 will be discontinued, at least here in the U.S. (perhaps not in China)?
I don't think anything has definitely been decided yet.  If it does continue to be offered in the U.S. beyond 2020, the question becomes where it will be built.  Still in the U.S., or would it be built in and imported from China?  How many here would want to see it continue to be offered in North America regardless of where it was built?  How many would rather it be discontinued for the North American market if not built here?

Rich S

Though this is not an official source, there was a recent article that also discussed whether the CT6 would continue to be built much longer:

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2019/11/report-black-shroud-for-gms-blackwing-v8/

For the Cadillac brand, I find it quite important for them to continue to build a large sedan (such as the CT6) in the U.S.A.
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

57eldoking

I ran across this on Facebook today. Don't know the guy or dealership.¨

1957 Eldorado Biarritz #906
1957 Eldorado Biarritz #1020 http://bit.ly/1kTvFlM
1957 Eldorado Seville  #1777 http://bit.ly/1T3Uo1c
1995 Fleetwood Brougham  http://bit.ly/20YwJV4
2010 SRX Performance

1946 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup
1957 Buick Caballero Estate Wagon (x2)
1960 Chevy Apache 10 Stepside
1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer (x2)
1992 Pontiac Trans Sport GT

Rich S

Here is a recent and quite favorable review of the 2020 Cadillac CT6 V-Series Sedan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=nCQZPkquveM&feature=emb_logo

(The four-wheel steering is included on all CT6 Sedans equipped with the Active Chassis option.) Instant collectibility and a great Cadillac, too!  8)
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473