News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Chrome plater from Houston 15 day turnaround

Started by Bill Balkie 24172, December 03, 2019, 12:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Balkie 24172

Hello ,
    I have had my problems with platers that i have used in the past  . 90% of the problems are missed dates. i am not talking about a few days or weeks sometimes its months .  When i read the self stater there is always a guy from Houston texas advertising a 15 day turnaround . i called the guy and talked to him yesterday and he sounds Legitimate and Very knowledgeable. Has any body ever used him ?   Are the prices in line with other shops ? I have used places in the Phidelphia area and the quality is very good for the most part . its the time it takes to get the parts back . They will tell you 4 weeks and when you come back in four weeks your parts are still sitting there . Then they will tell you mayber two weeks .

Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

Roger Zimmermann

Ah! The plater's problems...I could do with a long delay; unfortunately, I had more issues with the quality.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Lexi

No dealings with the Texas guy, but as with Bill, my problems with platers were mainly about delays (with one quality issue). One month turned out to be a year or so. As I was 'clocking that business with a calendar' so to speak, I began to worry about what would happen to my parts if the plater died or went out of business. Fortunately I got 'em all back. Clay/Lexi

Mike Baillargeon #15848

I've used the Houston guys...If were talking about the same guys, they advertise in our Self Starter.....

I've talked to Craig before I shipped and I told him I didn't want anything too fancy just get it to look good......He told me that they don't do anything but #1 show chrome, so If I wanted something less don't ship it to me....He said you'll pay a little more but you'll get real quality back....

He said it would take a couple of weeks after he gets it and inventory the pieces......He held to his word and the chrome was beautiful....even after 5-6 years it still looks great....

I say go for them....

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

wrefakis

if you are talking about speed and sport from self starter he did a 70 bumper end for me quick and fair and I am hard to please

rwchatham CLC 21892

Quote from: wrefakis on December 03, 2019, 06:37:13 PM
if you are talking about speed and sport from self starter he did a 70 bumper end for me quick and fair and I am hard to please

Bill was it nice street chrome or wave free take it to the concours chrome ?
R. Waligora

gross707

I’ve use Speed and Sport in Houston (if that’s the outfit in question).  The work was excellent and the turn around time was as advertised.  The only hiccup was method of payment, which was c.o.d.  It worked but of course there was the additional step on my end of having to go get a money order...
Gerald Ross

Bill Balkie 24172

Quote from: rwchatham CLC 21892 on December 03, 2019, 07:49:01 PM
Bill was it nice street chrome or wave free take it to the concours chrome ?
it is  Speed and Sport in Houston
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

wrefakis

the part I sent was clean no metal work just needed plating plating came out very nice good match to original