News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Future inquiries to me about dealership, outlet codes, and the like

Started by Tom Hall 7485, December 04, 2019, 06:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Hall 7485

Because it is apparently necessary for me to tweak my computer security and restart
my computer each time I sign on here, I shall no longer accept inquiries about dealerships
via this forum. It is simply too much of a nuisance to respond via this forum and its email
link.  Please look me up in the club directory (I think the latest one shows me in the expert
section) and send me an email directly, not a personal message via the forum. 

I will be happy to reply to members who make some sort of donation to the museum in
return for my time.

(When such messages arrive and tell me "Do not reply to this email... use the following
link, that link needs to take me to the first step in the logging on process, which is
apparently now at the club's internet home page. Sending me to the forum log-on skips that
apparently essential step.  I hate to tell you, but I can get onto my bank and brokerage
account web sites more easily than I can get onto the C&LC forums these days!)
Tom Hall, CLC Member 7485, Lifetime member since the mid-1990s.

chrisntam

I'm good with that, thanks for what you do to further the interest in Cadillacs. 

8)
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

This is surprising news. I haven't noticed any changes with the forum or the messaging system.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Jason Edge

Quote from: Tom Hall 7485 on December 04, 2019, 06:47:40 PM
Because it is apparently necessary for me to tweak my computer security and restart
my computer each time I sign on here, I shall no longer accept inquiries about dealerships
via this forum. It is simply too much of a nuisance to respond via this forum and its email
link.  Please look me up in the club directory (I think the latest one shows me in the expert
section) and send me an email directly, not a personal message via the forum. 

I will be happy to reply to members who make some sort of donation to the museum in
return for my time.

(When such messages arrive and tell me "Do not reply to this email... use the following
link, that link needs to take me to the first step in the logging on process, which is
apparently now at the club's internet home page. Sending me to the forum log-on skips that
apparently essential step.  I hate to tell you, but I can get onto my bank and brokerage
account web sites more easily than I can get onto the C&LC forums these days!)

Why not just go straight to the forums at forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org, log in and click on my messages, and reply as needed. I never go thru links or the home page when I have notification that I have a message.
Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Exec Vice President
1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Director - https://6364cadillac.ning.com
Carolina Region Webmaster - https://cr-clc.ning.com
CLC MRC Benefactor
email - jasonedge64@outlook.com
1964 Coupe DeVille - Sierra Gold - http://bit.ly/1WnOQRX
2002 Escalade EXT - Black
2013 Escalade EXT Premium Edition - Xenon Blue
2022 XT5 Luxury Premium - Dark Moon Blue Metallic

Dan LeBlanc

And when logging in, use the "forever" option under "time to stay logged in."
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Tom Hall 7485

Thanks for the suggestions, but the requests about dealerships need to come to me by email, please.

I will not knowingly stay logged in "forever" to any web site.

For one thing, I like to know that the person inquiring is a club member, has access to a directory, etc.
Tom Hall, CLC Member 7485, Lifetime member since the mid-1990s.