News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

HT4100 Oil Filter Adapter Seals

Started by JoeT1224, December 10, 2019, 01:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeT1224

I'm in search for GM part # 1622985.  These are seals for the oil filter adapter.  My car is an '85 Eldorado.  Any leads on these?  I can't find them.  Thank you!

Dan LeBlanc

They are listed as part of the contents of the FelPro full engine gasket set.  Worst case, buy the engine set and have spare gaskets for everything else.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

76eldo

Be careful bolting that back on the engine. I cracked one once and it was a real mess.
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

TJ Hopland

For some reason I can't at all picture what that looked like on the longitudinal engines.   Is it Orings or a flat thing?   If its orings try a hydraulic shop, they often have fatter thicker orings.   If its flat you can buy gasket material and paint something on the part and stamp the design on the material so you know where to cut it. 
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Daryl Chesterman

With all due respect to Mr. Hopland, I would not use fatter or thicker O-rings--if your application uses O-rings.
The problem with fatter or thicker O-rings is that in the original design, the groove is designed for a certain diameter O-ring that will provide the perfect compression of the O-ring when the housing is tightened down.  With a thicker O-ring, you will undoubtedly break the housing when it is completely tightened down.  Due to age and heat, O-rings get hard and seep a little bit, necessitating their replacement.

If the gasket is listed in the FelPro full gasket set, as Dan LeBlanc stated, I would contact FelPro and see if you can purchase one from them or through one of their dealers, if they won't sell direct.  I used to work at a NAPA
jobber, and we used to do that for customers, when they needed a certain gasket that was only available in a full set.

Daryl Chesterman

TJ Hopland

I'm not suggesting using a fatter than what its supposed to be o ring.   I'm saying if it is an oring and its a thicker ring than what you find in a typical automotive assortment to check a hydraulic assortment. 

Only reason I'm thinking it may be a oring is the transverse ones used orings for the oil filter and they often leaked so maybe they did the same thing on the longitudinal engines.  Its been a while since I did one but I remember them being fairly thick rings that auto parts stores didn't have but a hydraulic shop did have em.   

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Dan LeBlanc

They don't appear to be o-rings anyway.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car