News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1992 Seville/Eldo AC Programmer

Started by Mike Shawgo, December 10, 2019, 10:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Shawgo

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a friend's 1992 Seville.  It's a low mileage car he bought in the summer, and everything seemed fine, AC worked great.  However, when the cold air hit, he discovered he had no heat!  Heater core seems fine, but it appears that the AC Programmer is not opening and closing the air mix door. When I started looking around for a programmer, I discovered they are basically non-existent.  It's part #16176576.  I did find one on Ebay and ordered it, it's on its way, and I'm praying it will work.  But it has me wondering, what would a person do if they couldn't find a replacement for this?  Is there any alternative?  It seems like this programmer was only used on the Eldos and Sevilles of 1992--not even the 92 Devilles have the same one.  Does anyone rebuild these?

Thanks guys,
Mike Shawgo