News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Repair of cruise control cable.

Started by spolij, December 14, 2019, 03:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spolij

If the wire in the tube is too tight, Here is the fix.

Gary W Thorne

Hi John, it's not clear how you intend to merge the aluminum tubing from the tractor cable with the steel tubing of the cruise cable.

Would you please explain how this can be done in detail thanks.

spolij

Hi Gary
Just to clarify at this point i did it, not intend to. The only thing that merges the aluminum and steel tubing is the ridgid plastic piece of tubing i had laying around. The piece i had fit really really tight. The original plastic was white i painted it with black nail polish. (You could use electric shrink tubing) On my unit the black plastic covering slides off and on the tubing easily.
Of course after you remove the wire and cut the tubing 2" or so from the piece that goes into the under hood control module you cut the aluminum tubing the same length as the old steel tubing then join the two.
As long as the plastic piece fits tight on the tubing it holds perfectly.

Of course you have to straighten the bend at the end of the wire. It unbends and rebends easy with some heat.

You can call if you want. I'll be home till 6 tonight and after 12 tomorrow. Any time during the week. 1 740 501 4755
I can't believe you found this post. It's pretty old.

John

spolij

By the way the plastic piece inside the dash module, that the cable hooks into is available. I broke the originals 2x.