News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Cadillac Christmas Add

Started by rwchatham CLC 21892, December 25, 2019, 12:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rwchatham CLC 21892

R. Waligora

James Landi

Terrific ad!  Love the red, the special rims, the packages piled high, and the entire concept that a "mature and successful couple would drive their convertible, top down, to carry all of their Christmas cheer in the snow.   Consider just how "practical" we've become with the advent of the SUV, the extinction of the full sized luxury convertible, and the gradual retreat of an entirely adventurous sensibility that informed that ad, as well as the zeitgeist of post WW II America.   Incredible changes, alas.    Merry Christmas,   James

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Nice picture.

All the best to everyone on the CLC forum for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

signart

Hey, that looks just like... naw he would've just been about 7 years old ::)

Beautiful ad by the way! Thanks for posting.
Art D. Woody

Lexi

Always thought these were nicely seasonal. Clay/Lexi

James Landi

Both are classic Lexi--- would be terrific to have as many of these CHristmas adverts curated in one spot-- they are truly inspired, classic, and thoroughly Cadillac.   Happy day to you ,   James

jdemerson

Mr. Waligora et al.

Do you know the source of the red 1953 Eldorado painting?  Does it come from a magazine ad? Or an image used on a calendar or greeting card?  I have most, if not all, magazine ads, and I had not seen this one.  Thanks!

VERY nice!

John Emerson
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

I think it's from the front cover of a December issue of the AACA magazine.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute