News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

'65 CDV rear seat back removal with center armrest

Started by bctexas, December 28, 2019, 04:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bctexas

Hi all - I am in the process of replacing the package shelf on my '65 CDV, and searched this site and the '65 body manual for info on removing the rear seat.  I discovered that neither source accounts for a rear seat back with a center armrest.  The instructions say to pull the bottom of the seat back away from the body after bending the sheet metal tabs back, and lift to clear the upper hooks.  Well, mine would not budge.  I found that there are two Phillips head screws behind the trim "curtain" that runs from the back of the arm rest to the top of the seat opening.  I was able to reach these screws by pushing the curtain to the side slightly, and the seat lifted right out as described.

Hope this info is of use to someone!

Happy Motoring!
1965 CDV
1970 SDV