News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Mecum auction passes

Started by cadillacmike68, January 02, 2020, 11:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadillacmike68

Can we still get bidder passes to the Mecum Kissimmee auction? I'd be willing to volunteer some tile at the CLC table / booth.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Have to be pre-qualified to get a bidder number which has to be purchased from the auction.

CLC cannot provide authorization to participate in the auction - only general admission.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Highwayman68

I got my bidders pas through CLC a couple of weeks ago but I don't recall if there was a deadline to order them. No approval process required with CLC pass.
1968 Fleetwood Purchased in 1981

Quote from: Highwayman68 on January 03, 2020, 10:42:49 AM
I got my bidders pas through CLC a couple of weeks ago but I don't recall if there was a deadline to order them. No approval process required with CLC pass.

Are you saying you were authorized to participate in the auction without previously having submitted financial credentials to the auction? 

Highwayman68

I can not purchase until I provide the financial documents required if I choose but I can be in the bidding area just like any other bidder. These passes through CLC give you full access of a bidder but don't require you to commit to being able to purchase.

chrisntam

Quote from: Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621 on January 03, 2020, 11:06:25 AM
Are you saying you were authorized to participate in the auction without previously having submitted financial credentials to the auction?

I thought you could buy, just bring the checkbook.  These days, the checks are EFT'd from the bank, funds pass very quickly.    I also thought this was the case as we went through the CLC to get the bidder passes/numbers, kind of a pre-approval.    I got a bidder number, nothing said I couldn't bid.  Obviously I wouldn't bid unless I had funds in the bank supporting the check I would write.

Maybe I didn't read all I was supposed to...
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Art Director

Go to the Kissimmee auction and ask for Marsha Redman. She is generally at the Gold bidders/VIP counter. If she can't fix you up, no one can.
Tim Coy
CLC Southwestern Regions Vice President
Interim Western Regions Vice President
Art Director, The Self-Starter, International Membership Directory
Life member, Rocky Mountain Region
CLCMRC Benefactor #102

1963 Six-Window Sedan de Ville
1972 Fleetwood Brougham - RIP
1988 Sedan de Ville - RIP
2001 Eldorado ESC - RIP
2003 DeVille DTS - sold

Sounds to me the item being discussed is some sort of "enhanced spectator pass" whereby the holder is granted access to areas normally exclusive to properly vetted bidders.

It is inaccurate to call it a "bidders pass".  EFT checking is not relevant because there is no way for the auction to know whether the check will be honored beforehand. The reason is to limit "deadbeat" bidder participation. This is standard procedure for most major car auctions.

Highwayman68

I have also gotten email invitations to private events through out the auction only available to those with bidder passes. I also received a packet of books in the mail for the cars involved in the last Friday, Saturday and Sunday auctions.

I real don't have room for another car at this time but it will be a good experience to be in the thick of things and get a feel of what it is like so when I am there to buy I will be more comfortable doing it.

chrisntam

It'd be easy enough to find out, someone should ask Mecum.

1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

cadillacmike68

Thanks Art.

I don't have room for another car either, but there are a couple that interest me. And it is good to see how things flow first hand.

As for bidding, I could always bring a stack of benjamins, but no - I don't want to get divorce papers just yet... I'll just be there to look.

The bidder registration requirements are either a bank letter of guarantee OR a Temporary $500 credit card authorization, not a huge hurdle.

Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike