News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Vacuum line intake manifold Cadillac 1956

Started by Hartmut1970, January 03, 2020, 05:38:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hartmut1970

Dear all,

I still wonder how vacuum lines at the Front of the engine are connected. I have 3 there, one very big, one smaller and very small one. The very small one is connected to the ignition distribution. The small one is connected to the Brake booster. The very big one in the center and bottom of intake manifold is not connected and all and just closed, for which function is this one? I have nö idea where i could connect it. How many lines are going to the vacuum Reservoir and how is it connected to engine and Brake booster?
I appreciate any hints and help. Thanks so much
Kind regards Hartmut

J. Gomez

Quote from: Hartmut1970 on January 03, 2020, 05:38:43 AM
Dear all,

I still wonder how vacuum lines at the Front of the engine are connected. I have 3 there, one very big, one smaller and very small one. The very small one is connected to the ignition distribution. The small one is connected to the Brake booster. The very big one in the center and bottom of intake manifold is not connected and all and just closed, for which function is this one? I have nö idea where i could connect it. How many lines are going to the vacuum Reservoir and how is it connected to engine and Brake booster?
I appreciate any hints and help. Thanks so much
Kind regards Hartmut

Hartmut,

The large outlet at the intake manifold would be the line for the break booster vacuum valve, the small one at the center would be the main vacuum feed for the vacuum manifold at the firewall, the one just below the carburetor would be for the distributor vacuum advance.

HTH
J. Gomez
CLC #23082